I need wheel ideas

chawkins6789

Pic is in the sig. I have a level on it. I am running a 275/55R20XL right now. I would like to stay around the same size and load rating in a 22" since I do tow. Going from a 4.8 to the 6.0 I want more rubber on the ground because future plans are LS3 heads, cam, and a TVS2300. So I am thinking of a 305/40R22. But I dont know what wheel or offset to go with.

I am worried about the offset and rubbing with the tires I want. I want the BFG G-force T/A in a 305/40R22. Where I live I have no snow and it doesn't rain much. Also, the color is something I am not sure of. I will probably have my grille surround painted eventually and at some point find a Sierra Denali rear bumper. That will leave my grille in silver, and the chrome door trim, although I am debating the door trim. Then whatever color the wheels are

I am worried about the offset and rubbing with the tires I want. I want the BFG G-force T/A in a 305/40R22. Where I live I have no snow and it doesn't rain much. Also, the color is something I am not sure of. I will probably have my grille surround painted eventually and at some point find a Sierra Denali rear bumper. That will leave my grille in silver, and the chrome door trim, although I am debating the door trim. Then whatever color the wheels are

have you ever ran the BFG-G force kdw t/a?

No I havent, but those are what I am referring to

Well this is just my opinion but Id never buy a set of BFG- G-Force KDW again biggest waste of money. I was very unhappy with them. The wear life on them is terrible. I personally did not have good luck with them. they cupped really bad and wore even faster. I have now had 2 buddys that said the same thing. I have switched to the nitto 420-s and love them. I just don't want you to be unhappy with them like myself. So im not saying don't buy them. Im just saying read some reviews online and go from there. Im no tire expert by any means just letting you know how I felt about them after running them for 2 summers. plus they take a lot of heat to get them to stick. my onther buddy has them on a evo and track raced it around cones and they did decent after getting them warm. the first lap or two he was pushing corners bad and they wouldn't stick until warm.

The ta kdw tires are definitely something I would recommend against. I ran through 3 sets on the saleen ONLY bc I was young and like the way they looked lol. Everytbing Shawn said is right on and they wore out like a sob. Oh, they were the single most loud effing tire I have ever used. Road noise was a pita in that car, couldve been partially bc it was a ford lol.

The ta kdw tires are definitely something I would recommend against. I ran through 3 sets on the saleen ONLY bc I was young and like the way they looked lol. Everytbing Shawn said is right on and they wore out like a sob. Oh, they were the single most loud effing tire I have ever used. Road noise was a pita in that car, couldve been partially bc it was a ford lol.

they are just as noisy in GM vehicle also. My buddy had them on his S281 and his new saleen pickup and he was not happy with them either his saleen only had right a 20k on it and needed new rubber and he's 60 so he didn't abuse the tires either.

Sorry to thread jack just wanted to let ya know My opinion on the, and I do agree they do have a sweet tread pattern

Anyone run the Toyo Proxes ST or ST II's?

yes I ran toyo proxes st. I really liked them. they wore good and seemed to last. i ended up selling the wheels and tires before i could see how long they lasted. as for how they hooked I couldn't tell you. I had them on a stock 5.7 98 gmc sierra. so i never had enough power to even see if they hooked.