HPT <-> Edit file conversion???

deezel

I have Edit and can load and view HPT files that are 512k (pre-2003 truck files). However, the '03 HPT file is 1M in size and Edit will not accept it.

Can you HPT guys read Edit files?

Can you only view files for one year model and/or platform?

Can you load/view a 512k Edit file for a 2003 PCM, or does HPT reject it because it expects a 1M file???

I have Edit and can load and view HPT files that are 512k (pre-2003 truck files).  However, the '03 HPT file is 1M in size and Edit will not accept it.

Can you HPT guys read Edit files?

whatever we download from our PCM we can read. i had a file that was changed with Edit and it downloaded and viewed fine. not sure about files that are emailed to and from though. probably can't look at those.

Can you only view files for one year model and/or platform?

the package that you buy from HPT comes with software and cable that are specific to your model year and platform (i.e. chevy pickups or chevy suburban...

Can you load/view a 512k Edit file for a 2003 PCM, or does HPT reject it because it expects a 1M file??

not sure about that one. feel free to email me something and i will see what happens.

File sent... thanks for checking.

Just to clarify...

With edit I can load/view/edit any truck .LS1 files from 1999 to 2003. Also 1999 to 2002 HPT .bin files (just rename the file with .ls1 extension). I assume you could rename a .ls1 file to .bin and read it with HPT.

well no luck. i changed the file extension to .bin and it opened the program but popped up a warning saying the file was incorrect size. i also tried a few from the repository from other years, and different vehicles...none worked. the only files that i can view/change are for 2003 silverados.

** Can you HPT guys read Edit files?

No, I can't...

** Can you only view files for one year model and/or platform?

Yes, currently. They're working on a "read only" tool for other years. It might actually be reased as I write this.

** Can you load/view a 512k Edit file for a 2003 PCM, or does HPT reject it because it expects a 1M file???

Not sure...

Archived