Looking for new grill which one you guys think?

looking for a billet grill kinda thinkn somthing along these lines

also if any members on here have something close to these for sale pm me and lmk what you got

kinda leaning towards black (got keep with theme)

if you have any pics of your grill on red truck(perfered) lets see em

this is one ill prolly go with: http://www.ebay.com/...r#ht_2977wt_766

the other one: http://www.ebay.com/...002bc90&vxp=mtr

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just be carfull I bought one on eBay years ago and the fitment was terrible. If you do get one just check out the sellers feedback!!! I do like the street scene ones tho.

was it one of thoes that bolts over top of factory or one where you cut it out?

I got my black billet (bolt over) grille here: http://www.cwgrilles...ode=SilveradoSS (Choice of cut-out or bolt-over)

Not the cheapest around, but fit was excellent. I painted my stock grille flat black prior to installation to minimize it showing. Not a red truck, but here is a picture:

post-9798-0-15829600-1358190792_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)

I got my black billet (bolt over) grille here: http://www.cwgrilles...ode=SilveradoSS (Choice of cut-out or bolt-over)

Not the cheapest around, but fit was excellent. I painted my stock grille flat black prior to installation to minimize it showing. Not a red truck, but here is a picture:

Very nice Hank. I will have to look into those. Are they easy to install?

Those ebay ones say cutting required and IDK if I want to do that. May be worth spending the extra money on the Carriage works ones. Did you have to buy the uppers and lowers seperate or did they come together?

Looks like you have to buy them seperate and they are about $220 for the top 2 and $220 for the bottom 3

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

Very nice Hank. I will have to look into those. Are they easy to install?

Those ebay ones say cutting required and IDK if I want to do that. May be worth spending the extra money on the Carriage works ones

I would say it was easy. I made it a bigger project because I removed the top grille portion for painting, and had to mask everything with blue painters tape prior to spraying. By the way, I also just used regular Krylon type, rattle-can, flat black to paint the stock grille.

Edit: Just to clarify, I removed the top 2 grilles with the center bar, which comes out all in one piece.

Edit 2: Yes, you have to buy the bottom 3 grilles separately from the top 2.

I would say it was easy. I made it a bigger project because I removed the top grille portion for painting, and had to mask everything with blue painters tape prior to spraying. By the way, I also just used regular Krylon type, rattle-can, flat black to paint the stock grille.

Edit: Just to clarify, I removed the top 2 grilles with the center bar, which comes out all in one piece.

Edit 2: Yes, you have to buy the bottom 3 grilles separately from the top 2.

my stock grill is already painted black so first step down lol... im looking to buy all 5 in one not 2 and 3.. but that looks like a great quailty hank ill have to do some digging and see if they offer the 5pcs set

has anybody else bought the cut out ones? how big pita is it?

the search contuines

my stock grill is already painted black so first step down lol... im looking to buy all 5 in one not 2 and 3.. but that looks like a great quailty hank ill have to do some digging and see if they offer the 5pcs set

has anybody else bought the cut out ones? how big pita is it?

the search contuines

The reason that they offer 2 piece and 3 piece separately, i believe, is so that those with a standard Silverado can order just the 2 piece. I ordered both 2 & 3 at the same time, and received them together. So it really wasn't a problem for me.