cam idle open cutouts

JC03SS

I don't think its cammed. sounds more like you just have a bad miss. you sure all your plug wires are plugged in? :jester:

sounds great. love a healthy cam. one reason I which i was N/A so I could have a nasty cam. you should take it to your local GM dealership and say your truck isn't running right like it has a miss and you bought it this way. just to see what they try to tell you. :ohmy:

Thanks. They actually installed it lol. But your right they prob still wouldn't figure it out lol

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much gas did you use listening to it idle??????? Hahah I would have sat there for hours!!!! Hahahahaha sounds good!

I do listen to it a lot. I barely ever turn the radio on now lol. And it loves the 93 lol.

Don't ever take it back to the stealership bro

Why the attitude towards dealerships? I've been a tech for years and we do great work. I say, if you want it done right, take it to a certified mechanic.

Thanks mine too love it. Thanks guys for all the complements

Awesome sound. If I was NA, I'd have a similar cam. Love the sound, and power. But I love the whine of a supercharger too :)

Why the attitude towards dealerships? I've been a tech for years and we do great work. I say, if you want it done right, take it to a certified mechanic.

Awesome sound. If I was NA, I'd have a similar cam. Love the sound, and power. But I love the whine of a supercharger too :)

Not trying to call you out or anything mid12s, just curious as to why you wouldn't run that cam with boost? It's sitting on a 114lsa, maybe a little more exhaust lift and duration should be good to go no?

Not trying to call you out or anything mid12s, just curious as to why you wouldn't run that cam with boost? It's sitting on a 114lsa, maybe a little more exhaust lift and duration should be good to go no?

Yeah maybe. Not quite sure. I would consult zippy first, as he can read cam a hell of a lot better than I can. I always get his help picking out mods. He referred me to the GT2-3 blower cam, as it really compliments the blower, but it sure would be nice to have a nasty cam like the one in Jason's video! Haha. So yeah. Maybe you could run both a blower and an aggressive cam, not sure. But there's gotta be a reason most people get a blower specific cam, rather than an aggressive cam with boost. Shawn was kinda sayin the same thing. If he was NA, he'd run a cam like Jason's.

Yeah maybe. Not quite sure. I would consult zippy first, as he can read cam a hell of a lot better than I can. I always get his help picking out mods. He referred me to the GT2-3 blower cam, as it really compliments the blower, but it sure would be nice to have a nasty cam like the one in Jason's video! Haha. So yeah. Maybe you could run both a blower and an aggressive cam, not sure. But there's gotta be a reason most people get a blower specific cam, rather than an aggressive cam with boost. Shawn was kinda sayin the same thing. If he was NA, he'd run a cam like Jason's.

Hmm it would be nice to get on the phone with zippy and ask. I hear lots of different people saying a cam with those specs is a mild/mid range cam. I'll call him and I'll pm ya tommorow if I remember.

Thanks guys appreciate it. It does nasty with the cutouts open. Nice and mild sounding with the closed

Haha maybe mine will sound nastier with cutouts!! What are the specs on your cam? I was thinking, maybe the cams are similar, it just sounds much meaner with cutouts?

Hmm it would be nice to get on the phone with zippy and ask. I hear lots of different people saying a cam with those specs is a mild/mid range cam. I'll call him and I'll pm ya tommorow if I remember.

Yeah man. Just let me know. I'm always down for some of zippy's wisdom. Haha.

Haha maybe mine will sound nastier with cutouts!! What are the specs on your cam? I was thinking, maybe the cams are similar, it just sounds much meaner with cutouts?

Yeah man. Just let me know. I'm always down for some of zippy's wisdom. Haha.

It should sound way meaner with cutouts, I know that for a fact. Haha yeah, zippy seems like he really knows his stuff.