cam idle open cutouts

JC03SS

Why the attitude towards dealerships? I've been a tech for years and we do great work. I say, if you want it done right, take it to a certified mechanic.

Awesome sound. If I was NA, I'd have a similar cam. Love the sound, and power. But I love the whine of a supercharger too :)

You don't want to here my dealership story! Only reason I would take it to the "stealership" is of I knew the mechanics personally. Therefore I do 100% of my work. - tuning I'm not quite there yet.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't want to here my dealership story! Only reason I would take it to the "stealership" is of I knew the mechanics personally. Therefore I do 100% of my work. - tuning I'm not quite there yet.

Haha well yeah! Nothing's better than doing it yourself! I've heard my fair share of stories as well. And I don't think I could trust my SS to anyone else other than myself, unless they REALLY know their stuff. I was even scared to have my short block built by the local machine shop. I haven't done many engines, but with my attention to detail and their flat rate work ethics, I knew I'd do a better job. (Now I'm sure they do great work, I'm just a picky SOB) haha. My sh!t has to be perfect.

sounds friggen awesome!!!!

Yeah. Ill most likely be getting cut outs now too. Haha sorry to steal your idea so quickly Jason, it just sounds so damn good.

Thanks guys. And I had to take my truck back 4 times after install. It had a intermittent no crank. 4th time back I made them change the starter and eye switch. And they didn't install my servo and I had to do it myself. All in all I'm happy now it really run pretty good. If your Awd can leave 5ft black lines when you come out the hole I'm impressed lol

How Is this cam and stall working out as far a daily driver goes? Is it a little rough around the edges, or so it still have a somewhat refined smooth driving feel.

Truck sounds great also.

It's a great DD. the stall is actually a little low needs to be like a 3400. I do 30 to 35mph driving in the am. The 3000 works good for that. It still gets out the hole pretty well. I drive in 3rd almost all the time unless I'm gonna go over 55 for any length of time. I really like it.