5 Lug SSS

MID12sSSS

Im sure this has been brought up in the past, as our selection for nice looking rims is pretty slim with our bolt patten, (SS rims, TBSS reps, and Boss 330s is about it) but i was going to toss around the idea of a conversion to expand our selection of rims, by switching to a 5lug bolt pattern, to allow us to run 5lug corvette style rims for a sportier look. I was doing some searching on the performancetrucks forum and a couple of members there have already done this. Havent found any write ups, but some take their hubs to a machine shop for a drill-and-weld approach, and other do a full custom fab by installing 5 lug axles (not sure how parts would fit, what problems id run into etc.) I saw one thread where a guy made a 5 lug jig, drilled holes in the hub for the new pattern, cut off old studs at the base, welded and grided them flat, then installed new studs in the newly drilled holes.I think making the SSS a 5lug would be awesome! A much more sportier look. I know some people will say "It was made a 6lug for a reason", etc. but i know a 5lug would hold up just fine. And I would never put trust in those lame wheel lug adapters.

Ideas? Objections? Heres some pics that i found in a thread over at performancetrucks of a NBS with a 5lug conversion

photo5lug_zps43ed8b3d.jpg

photo5lug2_zpsb5e0b8ed.jpg

Any gm full size truck from 88 to current trucks use the same bolt pattern. So there is a ton of wheels available. This bolt pattern might even go back past 88 . I think it would be a lot of work to change to a 5 lug. I'd rater have a set of custom wheels made before switching to 5 lug. I have seen some guys do 5 lug so the can get drag wheels. Like 15s and 16s

They have sites where you can get any rim you want for your car or truck. You pick a rim then they drill your bolt pattern into the rim. ANY RIM YOU WANT ON THE SITE !!! Ill try and find the site again.

Good input guys! Thanks. Its just everywhere i look, the 6 lug rims look like "truck" rims. I know the SSS is a truck, but i was looking for a certian style that i could only seem to find in 5 lugs. So cmoney, if you happen to recall that site, let me know. Ill order something up. I was thinking about ordering these up from Giovanna. I custom made them on their site. They have a customizer engine that lets you fool around making rims. Im sure they're spendy.

DALAR6V.jpg

KILIS.jpg