built tranny question

Transmission!!!  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which trans do you prefer

OK i am planning on doing a head and cam install on my truck to add to my full exhaust and intake. of coarse it will snowball to other things such as intake, pumps and etc....anyway. this is a budget build i can not afford a 4000k tranny. trying to keep it under 2500. durability and reliability are my main concerns, its a daily driver not a race car. i am planning on a PI Vigilante 3600 stall converter. now for the transmission. i was going to have mine rebuilt but for the cost i can buy a new one built already. mine has 95k on it and runs perfect, i hate to get rid of it, but with those mods i will need to. here is my dilema, and im sure its the same as everything. i could get a lemon with any product, i am just trying to avoid any issues at all cost. this truck is my daily driver and will prob only go to the track once a year if that.

i have talked to zippy, fireman31, krambo and all gave me a lot of great info. i figured i would cast the vote to you and ask why you chose that one. all have a great following and also a lot of controversy. if i could narrow it down more and get some more opinions and more of a solid idea of which and why, then i would feel alot better on spending the money.

I bought Krambo's Flt level 7 which was pupose built as a test tranny for his truck.

He supposedly ran it at the track seveeal times with his latest set up and if hesays the tranny is good I trust him 100% not to mention I will find out soon enough for myself.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Honestly its between rossler and flt. I only put performabuilt on their because they seem to be the most popular on any of the forums...along with most failures lol. Performa is out. Saw alot of failures with the raptor trannys as well. Havent heard much about rossler but they do build drag trannys and chuck at flt is great with answering my questions dan

Just bought a level 2 4l60e by performabuilt for my truck. its being shipped right now. worried with the bad things im hearing though.

Seemed like a good deal for 2450 for it with oem style 2800 stall converter and 2 year warranty shipped to my house.

Hey Rob! I am partial to FLT however there are other options. Don't forget about Level 10...it is just about in your backyard! They have a good following and have built many 60Es. Sometimes having your builder nearby (avoiding the shipping) is a nice benifit.

Just bought a level 2 4l60e by performabuilt for my truck. its being shipped right now. worried with the bad things im hearing though.

Seemed like a good deal for 2450 for it with oem style 2800 stall converter and 2 year warranty shipped to my house.

Could have got a level 5 Flt for that price. Hope it works out for ya bug I haven't heard anything good about performabuilt