03 Stock SS Badge Locations

Hey guys!

I've had my SS for a little over a month now and I'm trying to get a handle on anything that might have been modded by the previous owner (Cat-back exhaust, 6 spoke chrome wheels from the dealer, and a trailer brake controller for sure) . My truck has only one SS badge on the lower left hand corner of the tailgate. I've noticed badges on the doors as well on some other SSS's I've seen around town and on the internet and I'm just curious if the badges were removed on my truck, of if the door badges were added in a later year, etc.

Thanks for the help!

you should have 3 badges on the exterior of the truck. one on each front door and one on the tailgate. I'd say somebody removed them for some reason. good luck in finding some. they are out there and some times you can get lucky and find them cheap. but they are pricey new from the dealership if you can still get them

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

No just emblem glue/adhesive no holes.... You sure you didn't get a clone or Silverado with just the SS rear badge? You have painted bumpers and cladding right? Throw some pics up of the truck man let's check it out SS or not we like to see pics!

Edited by smalltownguy (see edit history)

No just emblem glue/adhesive no holes.... You sure you didn't get a clone or Silverado with just the SS rear badge? You have painted bumpers and cladding right? Throw some pics up of the truck man let's check it out SS or not we like to see pics!

Yeah, it's definitely a real SS. Painted bumpers, SS emblem in the dash and head rests, plus the VIN the checks out.

I do really need to get some good pictures of the truck. I'm embarrased to admit that my truck has not yet been properly washed and detailed since I've bought it. It was one of the first things to do on my list when I got it and between tire problems right off the bat and just life generally getting in the way it hasn't happened yet. But when it does there WILL be pictures to prove it :), and I'll certainly post them up here.