trans lines removal

I just got a little screw driver and popped the clips out to remove the lines off the side of the transmission when I pulled my trans. It was a little tricky but you should be able to get it.

Thanks Matt.

Good tip to know.

I am going to do this,too, before too long.

Small pick and you can get em. You can actually lower the trans a little for more room.

Getting them out usually isnt the problem but clipping them back in sometimes is more tricky

Also dont lose one. They come in a trans paper/rubber kit but if you get one from GM they are high dollar

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

Small pick and you can get em. You can actually lower the trans a little for more room.

Getting them out usually isnt the problem but clipping them back in sometimes is more tricky

Also dont lose one. They come in a trans paper/rubber kit but if you get one from GM they are high dollar

Thanks for your wisdom. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I just ended up letting the transmission tilt down after I pulled the crossmember to give me a little extra room to work. Then I just used a wrench to take the lines off, screw the clips. I messed around with them for a few minutes then just decided to unhook them altogether.

You take a risk of stripping threads or leaks after installation. When its easy as easy gets to remove the clips and pop the lines out.

Its ur truck and ur doing the work bro so ur calling the shots on this one. As many times as iv pulled a transmission out I just dont see why you are having to much trouble with the clips. But im here and ur there.

They make a little plastic removal tool, makes things super easy, put it on twist and the lines come right out, and then push to install and they clip right in, never have to remove the clip at all.. Ive done it the hard way with a pick, worked but still frustraiting... My removal tools came free with my new radiator, for both the oil and trans...