Crossed Drilled and Slotted rotors and pads question/

lgowen343

So I looked at the other thread on the 15" rotors. But I don't have that kinda of money since I just started a new job. My question is what is your recommendation for stock front drilled and slotted rotors and what kind of pads for someone thats on a tight budget. I just now turned 145k and the wear indicators are just starting to squel. Also what kind of paint to use on the calipers because I'm going to do the truck and my wifes car at the same time. Thank you for any info.

Larry

I advise against drilled and slotted. Slotted is the way to go. It will keep the wear to a minimum and dust down. Get some ceramic pads to go with them and you will be good to go.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

I advise against drilled and slotted. Slotted is the way to go. It will keep the wear to a minimum and dust down. Get some ceramic pads to go with them and you will be good to go.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

I agree.... The cross drilled rotors like to crack in between the drilling sites.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

do slotted only not drilled. I have the 16" wilwood set up on my esclade and they even told me to just get slotted more surface area to stop and better for street

also call steven at r1concepts.com hes great and ive had their prem. rotors on my f150 since 2004 and just changed the brakes and rotors are not warped and still in great shape.

Edited by NORCAL SS (see edit history)