Catch can vs. Pcv options?

When I bought my Procharger I was told that instead of running a catch can off the pcv port I could run a pcv valve from a ford thunderbird supercoupe and achieve the same results eliminating the catch can all together. Has anyone done this or been told of it before and when I went to my local ford dealer to get one they said the pcv valve part # EV-127 5K21 was no longer available and couldn't be cross referenced does anybody have info on how to get one if I can actually do this?

Check out Mcmaster Carr for inline check valves. I bought a few for mine to put between the intake and catch can. If you put it after the catch can it can possibly pressurize the catch can and on decel cause oil from the catch can to be sucked into the engine.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Ok I picked up the ford pcv after work and also grabbed an oil filler cap breather. The question I guess is the guy I bought my Procharger from said "if you run the ford pcv and a breather you don't need a catch can." Is this true or was I misled? Trying to get the finishing touches done on this build before spring and just want to know it's done right.

you still should use a catch can... yes the PCV helps alot with boosted setups to reduce oil consumption and oil buildup in manifold but will not stop all of it. check out this site, they make the only true catch cans and vents i have ever installed. they work great.

http://www.revxtreme.com/performance-parts/rx-catch-cans/rx-catch-can-single-check-valve

IMO you should run the dual check valve can, so you always have evacuation at all times of crank case gases; also you wont need any PCV valves as it has built in check valves which work better than PCV valves anyways. id put one of their oil fill vents w/ valve on pass. side, dual valve can on driver side. that way you have the best setup possible and the most ideal situation for engine life and HP :thumbs:

you still should use a catch can... yes the PCV helps alot with boosted setups to reduce oil consumption and oil buildup in manifold but will not stop all of it. check out this site, they make the only true catch cans and vents i have ever installed. they work great.

http://www.revxtreme...gle-check-valve

IMO you should run the dual check valve can, so you always have evacuation at all times of crank case gases; also you wont need any PCV valves as it has built in check valves which work better than PCV valves anyways. id put one of their oil fill vents w/ valve on pass. side, dual valve can on driver side. that way you have the best setup possible and the most ideal situation for engine life and HP :thumbs:

I was just at REVXTREME today after work, looking at there new style catch cans there really nice looking. I have one of there older style catch cans on my SSS for approx. 5 yrs. there a quality made part. I was talking with Tracy Lewis for about an hour, He's very knowlegble and a nice and easy person to talk to. I'm thinking of getting a Magna Charger 2300 TVS with there Chiller Intercooler(REVXTREME) it hooks up to your AC unit. Has any one heard of this?

I was just at REVXTREME today after work, looking at there new style catch cans there really nice looking. I have one of there older style catch cans on my SSS for approx. 5 yrs. there a quality made part. I was talking with Tracy Lewis for about an hour, He's very knowlegble and a nice and easy person to talk to. I'm thinking of getting a Magna Charger 2300 TVS with there Chiller Intercooler(REVXTREME) it hooks up to your AC unit. Has any one heard of this?

you got the pn# for the can on your truck?

you got the pn# for the can on your truck?

I found the recipt and it did'nt have the part number on it and it was 5 years ago(2008). They may not even make that model catch can that I have any more. I would sugest you call Tracy Lewis at Revxtreme 941-721-1826. I hope this information helps you.