largest tire on stock 20's with drop

GI.SS

well i was sort of thinking today how nice it would be to know what the largest tire size would fit on my drop. Im 3/4 shackle + hanger, and 2" spindles with 1" decrank. i currently run a 255/50/20 and was curious if I was in the future to buy a 275/50 if it would rub, or even a 295? would be nice to have a sticky with the most common drops along with the most common tire sizes run with the setup to have max sidewall and / or width. That way I dont buy tires that will rub ;) when i do end up needing to buy tires I can buy the perfect tire for my truck instead of guessing...

295s will rub, and IMO are really too wide for a stock SSS wheel. the widest i would personally go on any customers car or mine with a stock wheel would be 275, maybe 285 if you dont mind the sidewall looking a bit 'fat'. you can easily run the 275/50 with no issues, as well as the stock 275/55 tires shouldnt rub either. the stock wheels have a pretty high offset so they arent really going to give any issues with your drop

i got 275/55/20 and am doing a 2/3 drop this week i dont expect any rubbing issues but ill let you kno if i do

you shouldn't have any issues at all. I did the DJM 3/4 (LCA's & Rear shackles and front hangers) on mine and zero rubbing issues

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question. I'm dropping my truck. And the rims/tires I'm looking at are 275/55/20. I'm doing a 3/5 drop. Will these rub? If so what's the biggest I can go so they don't rub. The rims are used. With these tires already on them. Was hoping I wouldn't have to buy new tires right away. The drop, rear sway bar, and rims/tires is close to my budget. Thanks guys.

Quick question. I'm dropping my truck. And the rims/tires I'm looking at are 275/55/20. I'm doing a 3/5 drop. Will these rub? If so what's the biggest I can go so they don't rub. The rims are used. With these tires already on them. Was hoping I wouldn't have to buy new tires right away. The drop, rear sway bar, and rims/tires is close to my budget. Thanks guys.

Why a 3/5? If you do a 5" drop in the rear, you should need to notch the back. But even then you shouldn't have any rubbing issues in the rear. As for the front, I was running the 275/55/20. I never rubbed. How are you lowering your tuck in the front? I used DJM LCA's.

I'm using djm LCA's. doing a rear flip kit. With c-notch. And 1" shackle raisers. I think a 3/6 would be to much. We will see. So your saying I should be ok with the 275/55/20's? In the rear for sure. And if I rub up front I can crank my t bars till I don't rub. Till I get new tires on them.

Do you have any pictures of yours lowered with that tire size? I'd like to see what it looks like.

Edited by Silverado2469 (see edit history)

Damn that looks clean man. I think since mine a 4x4. A 3/5 is not as low as a 3/5 on a 2wd because it starts off higher am I correct in thinking this?

no the SS's all share the same suspension, 2WD or 4WD. you wont rub on stock tires with that drop, but a 3/5 will make the back sit a tiny bit lower than the front... and i highly recommend helper bags with that c-notch, it rides SO much better