80e conversion folks in here please

did anyone modify their own crossmember to fit the 80? and if so, how about some pics and measurements please? Also, did anyone happen to take note of the before/after measurements of driveshafts?

Thanks very much in advance..

Shaun

did anyone modify their own crossmember to fit the 80? and if so, how about some pics and measurements please? Also, did anyone happen to take note of the before/after measurements of driveshafts?

Thanks very much in advance..

Shaun

hey I could measure mine for you? I have both mine out sense I have my motor and trans out. I know the front one from the center of each u-joints it measures 30 1/4th inch's. I know the factory 2500hd front driveshaft measures 30 1/2 inchs. as for the rear I can measure that tonight when I get home. the rear cross memeber I can measure also. I have my truck completely torn down so everythings already off of it. heres a link to how I built mine. Ill measure it for you

not sure if you have seen the thread I started

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/78638-how-to-4l80e-swap-into-awd-silverado-ss/

Ok so I tried to do my best. Im not good at this stuff but I tried. here are the measurement I got off my crossmember I built.

trannycrossmember.jpg

as for the rear drive shaft I got 66 7/8ths inch's for center to center of the u-joints

when I'm measuring the u-joints and say measuring from center to center this is where Im measuring from one end to the other. center to center.

IMG_8047.jpg

I have the part number around here somewhere of a factory GM shaft that is a direct bolt in for the front, I found a new pull off on ebay for about 125. rear shaft I had a new one built, have the measurement for that laying around also. as far as the crossmember, I bought mine already fabbed up for the swap from PATC when i bought my conveter. Ill dig around tomorrow and see if i can find that part number and measurement for the rear shaft

I have the part number around here somewhere of a factory GM shaft that is a direct bolt in for the front, I found a new pull off on ebay for about 125. rear shaft I had a new one built, have the measurement for that laying around also. as far as the crossmember, I bought mine already fabbed up for the swap from PATC when i bought my conveter. Ill dig around tomorrow and see if i can find that part number and measurement for the rear shaft

Did you ditch the aluminum driveshaft?

Did you ditch the aluminum driveshaft?

Yup, didn't have much of a choice. I live in a city that's sub 100k and none of the shops around here could shorten the aluminum shaft so I opted to have a steel one made. Turned out really well, I'm happy with it.