My SS was stolen today :'(...

BlkSSnCpt

so at around 6:15 am i go outside to feed my dogs and i look out and didn't see my front bumper, walked up a bit more and I definitely didn't see the front end and than i started to tell myself "No, no fawking way my truck is gone there's now way! it can't be, nope my truck didn't get stolen from right in-front of my house!" i put my dogs food down and walk to the front of my house and sure enough GONE!!!

walked out and saw no broken glass so i assume to popped the look, the alarm was on, all windows including moon roof were closed, locked: :cry2: ...

to make things better after i call the cops i think call onstar so they either track it or shut it down, get onstar on the phone and they tell me account expired in Nov of 2012!!! i had my account setup to automatically pay from my account and for whatever reason my account expired in Nov and they never contacted me to see if i wanted to keep it on, which I've always kept/paid it just incase something like this would happen or incase of an accident or something... NOPE, not the case here... before i hang up the phone the guy tells me: "well when u get ur vehicle back just press the OnStar button and we'll turn ur system back on!", i almost told the guy to go fawk himself but than realized that wouldn't solve anything...

cops got to my house i filed the report, gonna call my insurance now since i couldn't get a hold of anyone that early in the morning...

FML...

-Rob

Damn, that sucks. I'm glad that I left SoCal before my truck got stolen. Too bad I didn't leave before the local gang keyed my truck and tagged it with their gang crap.

Edited by Marine_SSGT (see edit history)

I just wish most guys could keep there trucks in a locked garage it would help prevent this. but I understand most places sometimes dont have a garage. But If i had to keep my truck out over night. I would have some sort of a switch to disarm the fuel pump or something and I would shut it off ever night. So the truck couldn't be started unless the switch is turned on. I would install the switch in a place I only knew where is was. of corse I'd let close friends or the wife know where the switch was located but thats it. But this doesn't help the fact that his truck was stolen. I'd be sick just knowing somebody had my baby out rodding it around or stripping it possibly . Once again Sorry man this really sucks. I hope for the best out come. but most times guys seems to find there truck in pieces.

thnx for the words guys, still no word from the cops... unfortunately when they steal these trucks down here they completely strip them, and nowadays its not just interior, bumpers and wheels they're starting to get smart and take the drive trains and cladding too :( ... i assume that its in pieces already so i'm really just waiting for the phone of what tow yard they have it at, :cry: ...

i do appreciate the kind words tho, i have a garage but i've never parked the truck in it... i usually park it in the driveway too but the times i've left it outside it's been fine...

I'll keep u guys posted as soon as i get any word...

-Rob

I have a garage too but used to always park in front of my window on the street. I have roommates and didn't want to be n inconvenience and have people move cars all the time so I could park in the garage. Two break ins later.....I park in the garage every night. I hate leaving my truck at friends houses and apts too. Even though its not an ss I love my truck and work my ass off for what I have.

Good luck. Expect the worst hope for the best.