Need some opinions.... QUICK!

Dylan06SS

I picked up a sponsorship this weekend from a local performance/accessory shop (trojan motorsports) and I'm going in for some work Monday. I want to start with the drop and I haven't decided which kit to go with. I know the majority of you guys have used the McGaughy (sp?) kit and and like it and I'm sure a I've read that a couple of you liked the Belltech kit, my questions are as follows.... (especially for those of you familiar w/ the SS ride quality on so cal freeways :ughdance: )

which kit gives a better ride quality?

any problems w/ either kit?

which kit would you say is just all around better?

I really want to hear from you guys local to me, cuz if you've driven the 10 freeway eastbound in the fast lane you what I mean! :eek:

As for the sponsor... his shop currently is sponsoring my brothers truck and hes crazy about the SS, especially since there isn't too many shops out here working on these. I went to a show this weekend for him. No awards for me :( but my brothers truck took home: 1st place 2x4 lifted, 1st place 2x4 overall, judges pick #1 suspension, and 3rd place A/V system! :cheers::cool:

I've done the BellTech and have been happy with the ride, looks, price, etc...

With that said, If I wanted to spare the $, I would go with the McG kit. You get more of a drop, and I would guess it handles a bit better.

Basically your looking at it two ways.....the cheep way.....and the right way...... :thumbs:

I used Belltech shackles, turned down torsion bars 4 turns, and cut the top section off the bump stops. I've got about 1.5"/2" drop and the ride is fine. 2" drop is about the limit with this method. The McG kit allows more drop without altering the ride quality. Depends how low you want to go...

I would go with McGuaghy's, the spindle is the only way to go for ride comfort with a drop. I have my spare, tow package and bumper removed, so I might go the cheap way of turning the torsion bars and a 2" shackle untill I can afford the McGuaghy's kit.

i have the belltech kit. front coils, and rear shackles and hangers. the ride sucks if you dont get drop shocks. but i like the belltech kit a lot. when i got my drop shocks on, the ride was as good, or better than stock. but i still need an alignment.

and congrats dylan! :cheers::thumbs: dont sponsorships rock?! ive been sponsored by my local advanced auto parts. and ive had a great experience with it.

nick

Dylan,

I just posted some pics of my truck with the McGaughy's Kit installed. They are in my garage . The link is in my sig. (The pics in my sig are before the drop)

The rear measures 34" to the bottom of the center of the wheel opening. The front measures 33.25". I adjusted the front bars a litle to get it down a little lower in the front and have had no negative effects.

Check out the pics...

Dylan...i've got the Mcgaughy kit on mine with the spindles in the front and torsion bars cranked down and the hangers in the rear with no complaints except for the stock tires rubbin when i turn lol.......got some 275/40/R20s to put on to correct that pro :cheers: blem. But other than that it rides great...Good Luck!!

Archived