WTB AWD Arrival Blue SIlverado SS with under 80k and NO mods

Chevy4Life13

Finding any used car or truck without swirl marks is virtually impossible. I detail and as you probably already know, anytime you touch the paint with a drying cloth etc you create swirl marks. Polishing those out isnt going to bring down the clear to the point of a repaint. I have been polishing a customers Porsche that was painted 8 years ago, 2 or 3 times a year at his request. It is just now 8 years later that i cannot polish it anymore.

If your looking for a basically brand new vehicle that is perfect you will pay for it and have a hard time finding it.

Finding any used car or truck without swirl marks is virtually impossible. I detail and as you probably already know, anytime you touch the paint with a drying cloth etc you create swirl marks. Polishing those out isnt going to bring down the clear to the point of a repaint. I have been polishing a customers Porsche that was painted 8 years ago, 2 or 3 times a year at his request. It is just now 8 years later that i cannot polish it anymore.

If your looking for a basically brand new vehicle that is perfect you will pay for it and have a hard time finding it.

ya thats what I'm going for

you can avoid most swirls using proper towels that are clean. I don't like the idea of polish but once in a couple years id be ok with.

I have the truck for you! I just got cold feet and have been enjoying it more than ever, so I backed off of selling it, for now anyway?? There is definitely a truck out there that will meet your criteria, just plan on traveling a bit. Especially wanting an Arrival Blue. A guy who was looking to buy my SS just found an 03' Black SS with just over 10k miles on it over the weekend!! It was even really close to me . Keep looking and good luck with your search.

I have the truck for you! I just got cold feet and have been enjoying it more than ever, so I backed off of selling it, for now anyway?? There is definitely a truck out there that will meet your criteria, just plan on traveling a bit. Especially wanting an Arrival Blue. A guy who was looking to buy my SS just found an 03' Black SS with just over 10k miles on it over the weekend!! It was even really close to me . Keep looking and good luck with your search.

Thanks I found one in Nashville that I like now its just having my bank deliver the check for the truck to be sent out here. The dealer is a great guy and said if i was going to fly out to look at it he'd pick me up from the airport pay for my flight home and set me up in a hotel for the night just to ease my anxiety of not seeing the truck before i grab it. It looks stunning in the pictures and he states there are no imperfections in the body and there are no leaks or any issues with the drivetrain. wish me luck I hope to change my member status from fan to SSS owner

Thanks I found one in Nashville that I like now its just having my bank deliver the check for the truck to be sent out here. The dealer is a great guy and said if i was going to fly out to look at it he'd pick me up from the airport pay for my flight home and set me up in a hotel for the night just to ease my anxiety of not seeing the truck before i grab it. It looks stunning in the pictures and he states there are no imperfections in the body and there are no leaks or any issues with the drivetrain. wish me luck I hope to change my member status from fan to SSS owner

Congrats on the find !!! And when you get it to Cali get a gps locator installed, You wont be sorry !!! These trucks are awesome !!!

I would get lots of pictures.... It seems as you are just as anal as i am. When i was looking I had dealers teling me the same thing just to try and sell it. I dont want to see you waste money and time like i did with lying dealers.

Lots and lots of pics man from BOTH sides of the vehicle, not just drivers side. in some daylight at differant angles. I made that mistake. I bought mine in Minnesota, and all the pics it looked perfect. After i flew 3500 Miles and bought it ( even bought it at night and dark couldnt help it ). The next day in the daylight from the rearish angle, i noticed the passenger door looked darker than then the rest of truck. Come to find out that door had been hit, and had a half ass'ed blend/fade from bottum of the door up to the door handle butt match lol. The door looked almost purplish from the metallic not laying flat or whatever. Drove me nuts! So couple months ago i had the door repainted with a closer match, they blended into rear door and fender. Unfortunantly, you can still tell from some angles, but its much better.

Congrats on the find !!! And when you get it to Cali get a gps locator installed, You wont be sorry !!! These trucks are awesome !!!

Thats a Must

I would get lots of pictures.... It seems as you are just as anal as i am. When i was looking I had dealers teling me the same thing just to try and sell it. I dont want to see you waste money and time like i did with lying dealers.

No this guy was real straight with me and uploaded some hd videos of a walk around special for me lol. It was perfect and flawless.

Lots and lots of pics man from BOTH sides of the vehicle, not just drivers side. in some daylight at differant angles. I made that mistake. I bought mine in Minnesota, and all the pics it looked perfect. After i flew 3500 Miles and bought it ( even bought it at night and dark couldnt help it ). The next day in the daylight from the rearish angle, i noticed the passenger door looked darker than then the rest of truck. Come to find out that door had been hit, and had a half ass'ed blend/fade from bottum of the door up to the door handle butt match lol. The door looked almost purplish from the metallic not laying flat or whatever. Drove me nuts! So couple months ago i had the door repainted with a closer match, they blended into rear door and fender. Unfortunantly, you can still tell from some angles, but its much better.

That would be very annoying I know how you feel. It would drive me nuts you have no idea. I remember when they re sprayed a front bumper for me because it was very chipped up and looked bad. Given it was a 20 year old single stage paint it was pretty difficult to match and they did a great job out here at a place called TNT auto-body Their service is on the iffy side but their work was good. It was very hard to tell the bumper was different but at dusk and at the rite angle you could see and thats when I detail my stuff and man o man did it irritate me that it wasnt perfect haha.

All this being said I regret to say the truck was bought out from under me last night a guy walked in a paid cash for it.

If I find out it was one of you I'm comin for you :jester: Im just kidding it was a great buy and if it went to an enthusiast then good I hope to see them on the site so I can give em a little hell as my search for the perfect SSS continues.... :cry: this wouldnt be so bad if I didnt feel like i was going to explode every time One gets bought before I can get to it :fart:

I did a search on Yakaz and came up with a few blue SSS under 80k miles. You should check it out...

http://cars.yakaz.com/for-sale-silverado-ss#cc=US&cname=Color&ct[]=10431004002139906717&il=en&match=msg&rs=1&s=10&ts=1360215419&univ=cars&what=for%20sale%20silverado%20ss

I did a search on Yakaz and came up with a few blue SSS under 80k miles. You should check it out...

http://cars.yakaz.co...&cname=Color[]=10431004002139906717&il=en&match=msg&rs=1&s=10&ts=1360215419&univ=cars&what=for%20sale%20silverado%20ss

looked it up the only one i saw was at kalliah falls and i see many cosmetic issues....

thanks for the info.

i do a search every evening on most sites

• 2 weeks later...

Any luck finding an SS? I just picked up an Arrival Blue 04 AWD SS with 38k last night in Illinois, near St Louis. Traded my Victory Red 03 w/ 96k. Its in overall good condition, just a couple minor blemishes and the inside of the bed has some scratches from normal use. Only mod is a Volant CAI, interior is perfect. Keep looking, they are out there.

Good luck!

post-22937-0-91584900-1361305973_thumb.jpg