Led Flasher and Location

I have a 2004 silverado 1500 and I have been reading about the location and flasher for leds on many forms and the more I read the less I know. I dont know if I have a 4 pin or 10 pin flasher. I have found two part numbers 4 pin cp 29i or cp29l and Lm487 10 pin.

Next the location I have heard either behind the fuse panel on the driver side(dash) or the black box under the steering wheel near the gas pedal. If anyone knows for sure please reply as I have spent many hours trying to figure this out.

Also I am having a problem trying to buy 3157 bulbs that work even if they say for Chevy Silverado, they work with test lead but not on the truck. The turn 180 doesnt work either.

Edited by 1quicktruck (see edit history)

OK , I did my own research and here is the following . 2004 1500 Silverado does take the LM487 10 pin (off EBAY ) about 40.00 and the location is on the back side of the fuse panel(driver side) Access is by removing trim around the gauges l(same as pulling cluster removal) Two screws bottom of dash . Remove emergency brake screw. The panel is very tight to get off has a bayonet type clip on either side.

The flasher fits very snug. I removed an electrical clip to(next to the emergency flasher to expose the side of the flasher and I used a scewdriver to help me pry it out by wiggling and pulling. I looked at the pins on the new and old flasher and put the new on just like the old one came out as two pins are off set. It works very good

I am running all leds , interior(no dash leds) and exterior except Hid lows ,halogen fogs without resistors.

and.. does your cruise control work?

Good question. I have not tried it yet , however I have read and you know everything you read on the internet is true that it may learn in time to start working again if it doesnt work now(lol). On a lighter note I have a 4 cyl for a DD(05 malibu) and I dont drive the truck much anymore.

Good question. I have not tried it yet , however I have read and you know everything you read on the internet is true that it may learn in time to start working again if it doesnt work now(lol). On a lighter note I have a 4 cyl for a DD(05 malibu) and I dont drive the truck much anymore.

I have also found that a large number of smd or leds may not fit the socket so beware of buying leds- bulbs with very large numbers of smd , They also have problems with bulbs being out of round or one bulb fits the hole and the hext one you have to modify to get the bulb in. I have bought 4 bulbs from different vendors to get one that fits.

Leds do not project far enough out for headlights. I tried cree projectors and they still dont shine out past 15 feet but so bright they hurt your eyes to look at them.

you dont need to mess with the OEM flasher for LEDS.... all you need to do is buy some $5 20W resistors and connect them in line between the ground and power wires on each bulb you use. that will fix your issue and no messing with the sensitive factory electronics

heres a link- 25W Resistors

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

you dont need to mess with the OEM flasher for LEDS.... all you need to do is buy some $5 20W resistors and connect them in line between the ground and power wires on each bulb you use. that will fix your issue and no messing with the sensitive factory electronics

heres a link- 25W Resistors

Your are right but I chose the flasher instead of resistors. By the way my cruise works fine. I tested it out this weekend.