Feb.2,2013

Bad Bowtie

This has to be the absolute WORST day of my life guys.

My 74 yr old father, James, was taken from this earth too early in my opinion.

He has had heart/blood pressure concerns for the last 9 yrs, but medications alone had helped keep it in check. My mother awoke to find him sitting in his favorite living room recliner Saturday AM. Almost no pulse & unresponsive. my mom was all alone & called 911 immediately. Just after the EMT's arrived my brother showed up to comfort my mom. I was at work & I was missing both my wife's & moms phone calls.

Needless to say, by the time they all arrived at the hospital my pops was too far gone. I arrived at the ER maybe 30 minutes after they "pronounced him".

It wa either a heart attack or blood clot they think. But it appears he went peacefully- thank God!!

These last few days have been so hard. I have a 2 yr old & almost a 5 yr old to try and explain where their "poppy" went to. I tilt old my oldest yesterday- it was SO HARD.

Anyways, I've been on here for a few years so I just wanted to vent/destress. My dad & I were so close. He taught me everything I know about cars/trucks & so much more. My dad could do almost anything, he was so smart, honest, caring- A kind of man that is rare these days (it seems).

He did so much for so many people & never wanted anything back. My dad was a quiet guy, very reserved, & kept to himself. I just have strived to be HALF the man my father was the last 20 yrs if my life.

I don't know how religious many if you guys are on here, but please if you do believe, pray for my entire family. My mother is taking this quite hard, they had only prepared a Will. Nothing else was planned....

Jon in TX.

im very sorry for your loss i couldnt imagine what its like to go though losing a parent.... my prayers go out you and your family stay strong! you know he'll still always be with you

You and your family are in my prayers, Went thru this back in 2001 with my dad and then 6 year old son. Not a fun time in my life, but made it thru it and you and your family wiil also. Look to god my friend he has the answers you just have to belive and trust in him !!!

God Speed, SSS Brother !!!

I will keep you in my prayers bro. I went through this a year and a half ago when my father passed at 67. I'll tell you, it doesn't matter what age they are, what age you are, or what age your kids are, there never seems to be a good time for this sort of thing. At least in your case and mine they both went peacefully. Stay strong, time will help.

Chris

Wow man I very sorry to hear this and I know how you feel when my uncle passed I was lost. He was like my dad my best friend. He taught me everything I know. Time is the only thing that helps and it very hard still to think of him. You and your family will have my prays. Be there for your mom and be the best man you can be for your family and do you dad proud. Best wishes to you all. And if you ever wanna talk so something hit me with a pm and ill give you my number. Jason