Welcome to our new host - please post impressions

Mervz

No hurry on the pics, I am not sweating it. Was just letting you know of the problem. But would like to thank the owners of SSS.com for taking the time to do these upgrades to make the site better !!! It's a free site and enjoy it problems or not !!! Thanks

Yea my tapatalk is doing some weird stuff like only showing 1 page of posts even if you change pages its the same posts, and the quoting won't work anymore on tapatalk so there's no quote wrap around the original post. Not sure if its just mine or what.

• Admin

never heard of CloudFlare before. Is this now on a cloud type of hosting server? At least it's not with godaddy.

Somebody's been pinging the site! Lol.

Actually, we've been on cloudflare for a while. It caches the site and stores parts of it around the world to increase site speed. It also helps protect us from internet nasties. Win win for us.

However, you are correct in the fact that SilveradoSS.com is now being hosted in the 'cloud'

Yea my tapatalk is doing some weird stuff like only showing 1 page of posts even if you change pages its the same posts, and the quoting won't work anymore on tapatalk so there's no quote wrap around the original post. Not sure if its just mine or what.

X2..Same exact problems.

Sent from my 4G Razor

• Admin

I think when the Garage is back they will go back to the old way of doing truck of the month. Where everyone post a link to a garage and the 3 cars with the most picks go into a voting foor truck of the month.

So far the site seems fine. The chat box looks to be working on and off. Seems much faster loading, and I do like the quick reply option.

Bingo.

X2..Same exact problems.

Sent from my 4G Razor

Just updated Tapatalk. Going to test it now.

But i do see they are discussing these exact issues on the tapatalk support forum, and are addressing the issues as we speak.

The About Me section of the profiles still looks to be not functioning, it is giving the error (Error: Could not load template 'tabAboutMe' from group 'profile') when you click on it.

Thanks. All fixed. (that tab is an artifact of the old version, its done differently now)

No hurry on the pics, I am not sweating it. Was just letting you know of the problem. But would like to thank the owners of SSS.com for taking the time to do these upgrades to make the site better !!! It's a free site and enjoy it problems or not !!! Thanks

Most of the pictures are done transferring. There are a few left I am working on.

• Admin

ive noticed there isnt any more smilely icons and cant change font size,boldness and ect. like you could before??

That shouldn't be the case. Can you post a screen shot? Maybe you have your WYSIWYG editor turned off? What browser are you using, etc.?

That shouldn't be the case. Can you post a screen shot? Maybe you have your WYSIWYG editor turned off? What browser are you using, etc.?

im using a computer browser,i know it dont work on the ipad but even on my computer i dont have access the the "lightswitch" where before could turn on and off

• 2 weeks later...

When attempting to post an ad in For Sale/Wanted I was getting a 500 server error, I tracked it down to the parentheses I had used in the ad, so it doesn't like them at least in that subforum.

Edited by Red454SS (see edit history)