Interested In Borla for the SS

MagnachhargedSS

Pretty new to the Silverado SS world....recently picked up my SS and love it. Still pretty quiet...(has factory exhaust on it). I've tryed to do some searches online and have heard a couple video's of Borla exhaust on the 6.0.

I think I really want Borla on mine....what would be the best way to go? As far as muffler (s)? Really not wanting an entire catback system...not sure really sure what options I have. Any info would be great!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanting a nice tone out of the exhaust and don't want to spend hundreds of dollars doing it. An entire catback would probably add some h/p but I'm not looking for any extra h/p. Magnaflow makes just a muffler which is about $155.00, just needs welded in. I might go with that instead of the borla route.

I would go Borla, their GMPP. I am not knocking Magnaflow in anyway, but everyone where I live has one so its like every truck has the same exhaust which gets lame. What Borla muff are you looking at? Pro XS? Boomers? Specialty? or XR-1? Some shadeball around here had a XR-1 and on his 2500HD but he was getting pulled over all the time and his condo association made him take it off as it was too loud (and other reasons). My friend had a cat-back on his Jeep and it sounded great, nothing obnoxious but had a nice growl to it, I am not sure of the exact model system or muffler it was though (this was over 10 years ago).

I would go Borla, their GMPP. I am not knocking Magnaflow in anyway, but everyone where I live has one so its like every truck has the same exhaust which gets lame. What Borla muff are you looking at? Pro XS? Boomers? Specialty? or XR-1? Some shadeball around here had a XR-1 and on his 2500HD but he was getting pulled over all the time and his condo association made him take it off as it was too loud (and other reasons). My friend had a cat-back on his Jeep and it sounded great, nothing obnoxious but had a nice growl to it, I am not sure of the exact model system or muffler it was though (this was over 10 years ago).

I was looking at the Borla XR-1 mufflers, seems like there are some pretty good reviews with them.

I'm really just not wanting to replace the entire exhaust system from the cat back...was really just wanting to have the stock muffler cut off & have the new aftermarket muffler installed along with the stock tip.

I would love to do the Borla XR-1 mufflers, but I have no idea what to get to make it happen. Not sure if I can just buy 2 of the XR-1 mufflers and walk into an exhaust shop without needing anything else.

Ive been in and out of the hospital and on pain meds so I hope someone can double check on my info I am about to give. The stock muffler is di/do for fact, the question is do you want to do 1 muffler or 2?

The info I need double checked is the di/do size piping on the stock system (I use to know this info off the top of my head but its been a long time). I believe its 3" and 2.5"? Once again I am not sure and this needs double checking.

If you have problems with it being too loud you can add a resonator which I recomended to the owner near me, but he was cocky and confident he wouldnt get pulled over as he was new to this town but the cops cought onto him quick as surrounding PD's know my truck and people were complaing of a loud truck and they know I dont disturb people in my area as I am respectful to driving my truck not late at night waking the neighborhood up.

I love that XR-1 also and think it is a great muffler, Im just not sure I want to add resonators etc when I could just do a Corsa catback (the original owner got fresh tar chunks over the complete stock exhaust on my truck).

And check this out:

http://www.borla.com/products/muffler:_675_rd__x_2400_lon_part__19131347.html">http://www.borla.com/products/muffler:_675_rd__x_2400_lon_part__19131347.html</a></span></p>

Go to Borla's website, they make the GMPP performance muffler, AND they are on sale!!!! Single in & single out, so a muffler shop would have to make a "Y" up front. Then you could keep your, stock looking, exhaust tip.

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

Ive been in and out of the hospital and on pain meds so I hope someone can double check on my info I am about to give. The stock muffler is di/do for fact, the question is do you want to do 1 muffler or 2?

The info I need double checked is the di/do size piping on the stock system (I use to know this info off the top of my head but its been a long time). I believe its 3" and 2.5"? Once again I am not sure and this needs double checking.

If you have problems with it being too loud you can add a resonator which I recomended to the owner near me, but he was cocky and confident he wouldnt get pulled over as he was new to this town but the cops cought onto him quick as surrounding PD's know my truck and people were complaing of a loud truck and they know I dont disturb people in my area as I am respectful to driving my truck not late at night waking the neighborhood up.

I love that XR-1 also and think it is a great muffler, Im just not sure I want to add resonators etc when I could just do a Corsa catback (the original owner got fresh tar chunks over the complete stock exhaust on my truck).

What it comes down for me is that I want my exhaust to still look factory, as far as where the tail pipe exits on the right rear side of the truck

With that being said, is it possible to have 2 of the Borla XR-1 mufflers? or 1? Or do I need an entirely different style of muffler that will allow me to have the exhaust exit on the right rear side (like factory)?

And check this out:

http://www.borla.com/products/muffler:_675_rd__x_2400_lon_part__19131347.html

Go to Borla's website, they make the GMPP performance muffler, AND they are on sale!!!!

Anything special about the GMPP mufflers?