Finally picked up a DD!

zachm89

Well I'm getting ready to move to the DFW area for work and can;t even imagine having to drive my truck on a daily basis up there. The fuel cost and maintenance would kill me. I'd been looking around on the forums and Craigslist for a commuter car but have always had my eye open for a fourth gen f-body and I finally found one I could afford and that wasn't and automatic! Picked up a 2000 Z28 6-speed with a whopping 266,xxx miles on the clock. I've driven a few camaros before and I'm surprised to say that this one drives the best of any of them that I've looked at buying. If I didn't know it had that many miles I'd swear it was around the 100k mark or so. I think I got the best of both worlds, a V8 car that's fun as hell to drive AND gets really good fuel economy on the highway going 75-80mph. So glad I was able to get into this car and not a POS Honda or any other import. Here's some pics, I'll throw up more when I do some work to the car. It needs a good buff and wax but overall I'd give the paint probably a 7 of 10.

26321D0A-7A60-49A0-A21F-EAB2F1A3CB96-16246-0000013551F3CD65_zps071e53f3.jpg

Yeah I'm still here, just been working too damn much to really get on and contribute to the forum like I used to. Also been spending as much time with the little one as possible, although he's not very little anymore! Fun as hell watching this kid grow up more and more every day.

And nope, wheels aren't plastidipped lol.

I know what you mean Zach. I have been working a ton of hours every week, watching the twins on my days off (they are a huge hand full!) and remodeling the rest of the house. Glad to see that all is going well with you, and that the job is going good too. I was supposed to be traveling to Longview for work next month but they canceled it. Hopefully they will reschedule it soon and before you relocate.

sweet its always nice to have a backup/DD vehicle. glad you found something that will get decent milage. as for it having so many miles thats no biggie. as long as it was cared for and taken care of it sound run along time. I remember the days when I would walk away from a vehicle if it had 120k miles on it. now I'm perfectly fine with it as long as its sound and runs good.

No I meant it has no tuning at all. It NEEDS a tune up, tune, egr and air needs to be deleted. It still has the factory tune in it even with no cats, cel is on. So I know there's even more efficiency to be had once I take care of all of that.