For the Cops on the Forum...

super88

I got pulled over this morning for speeding. ( first speeding ticket since I was 15, im 24 now) I noticed on the ticket the police officer put the wrong permitted speed limit, he put 30mph whens its 35mph. You think If I go to court and tell them that, I may be able to get it dismissed.. Thanks guys

depends how fast you were going. this question would be better asked to a lawyer or judge lol But from personal experience I have been able to get tickets thrown out for incorrect information and some I couldnt get thrown out. But I wasnt a model citizen growing up ... :(

I just had the same thing happen to me. I was going 80 in a 70. he wrote the ticket for going 80 in a 65. I wondered the same thing. but I didn't fight it because I was clearly speeding either way. plus the cop was super cool I had my loaded .40 cal sitting on my console. I didn't have any insurance card with me or a current registration and all he gave me was a speeding ticket. the fine was only $40.00 so I was ok with it.

you can always try fighting it not sure if you will get anywhere with it. but it might be worth a shot. if your not wanting it on your insurance. good luck.

Yeah cause insurance rates go up and go up by the rate you were over on the speed limit, so yeah fight that crap cause even if the ticket is cheap your insurance will sky rocket! I always take my tickets to a traffic attorney. You don't have to do anything with those guys. Pay them x amount and end of story. They get it dismissed for you.

Every time I've ever gotten a speeding ticket I've paid it in full and pleaded NOT GUILTY. I get a court date, go, and EVERY TIME I've gotten a plea bargain. Reduced the violation to 0 points and a reduced fine. Insurance stays the same and the township gets my idiot tax.

Honestly it's crazy how many regulations the cops have to follow for speeding tickets. For instance they are required to get their radar guns calibrated by a reputable company very often. Obviously laws are different where ever you live.

All in all, pay the fine in full and plead not guilty. That has worked for me thus far.

Good point if the rader gun used hasn't been checked in a certain time frame they should drop the ticket and usually they don't get them inspected on time until someone like yourself questions it in court but remember next time the same cop will be gunning for you for making him look incompetent in court worth a try you might need a lawyer to make sure you get a fair hearing cause where I'm at what the cop says is what the court believes first

Good point if the rader gun used hasn't been checked in a certain time frame they should drop the ticket and usually they don't get them inspected on time until someone like yourself questions it in court but remember next time the same cop will be gunning for you for making him look incompetent in court worth a try you might need a lawyer to make sure you get a fair hearing cause where I'm at what the cop says is what the court believes first

X2 your not the only one bro our cops and court system works the same way it compelet B.S!!!