Trial by declaration? Speeding ticket

Ruben525

So I got a speeding ticket 2 weeks ago and wow did it come out high my fine is 506.75 WTF!!!!! I understand that I broke the law by speeding but my fine is outrages so I wondering have any of you guys ever beat a speeding ticket? I would love to beat it but I'm not sure what my chances are of wining. As of right now I am able to go to traffic school so it won't affect my auto insurance but I'm just trying to save some money. I asked the clerk over the phone if I would be able to ask for a reduction but she told me the judge wouldn't reduce it because he's already letting me go to traffic school and allowing me to correct the no proof of insurence but I thought that was up to me not the judge.

Yup Cali tickets get expensive I just paid it and went to traffic school online

I heard if you fight it and lose you give up the option of traffic school

Yea that's the part I'm afraid of I've had tickets before but they were in the 300's idk why it's 506!

Wow bummer. I always plead not guilt and try fighting it. but also normally care about it going on my record. I once pleaded not guilty and fought a reckless driving ticket I got. they dropped it down to a speeding 45 in and 35. the guy tried saying I was going 70 in a 35. he said it had to do 70 to catch up to me. i looked at him in court and said If I was going 70 mph and you had to do 70mph to catch me how would you have ever caught me if we where doing the same speed. he didn't have much to say.

Damn! How fast were you going and what was the posted speed limit?

Posted speed is 70 he got me at 90 but I've had higher tickets and they never been that high

Damn! How fast were you going and what was the posted speed limit?

Posted speed is 70 he got me at 90 but I've had higher tickets and they never been that high

I've got a buddy that has taught me far more than I ever wanted to know about fighting speeding tickets. Funny thing is, after all the research he has done, learned and successfully fought tickets he doesn't bother doing it any more. The short answer is to just call a place called The Ticket Clinic. The office I call/go to is in Universal City near Universal Studios. You pay them $199 I think it is and they fight your ticket. I've used them a few times but my buddy has one hell of a speeding problem and uses them every other month practically. They have had all my tickets dismissed I used them for. The closes thing to "losing" a case I know of, is my buddies cell phone ticket. You don't get any points with a cell phone ticket but it still shows up on your record and supposedly makes your insurance go way up. So my buddy called them about the cell phone ticket. It was t thrown out, he paid the ticket fine, but nothing showed up on his record. Well worth the $199 to keep insurance rates low.

To answer your trial by declaration question, if you do TBD and lose, you can file trial de novo aka new trial in which you actually appear before a judge. So you don't totally blow your chances of driving school. Also, you can fight, lose and still get driving school. But as stated above, just call The Ticket Clinic. Unless you make minimum wage, you will lose money taking time off work to go to your arraignment and then to your court date. That's two days minimum if the cop shows up to the trial. The judge can reschedule if the cop doesn't show for the trial. Now if they don't show for the arraignment, you win by default.

I got a ticket for 137mph in a 55mph zone. 480 sum $$. I would deff just pay it and then goto traffic school. I doubt you were only doing 10-15 mph over and have a 500+$ ticket.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

in jersey if you go court you can plea down the ticket to something with no points but you have to pay a hefty fine. or you can just pay the 80~ ticket fine and take the points on your license. ive paid 538 to bring down a careless driving back in my highschool punk days when i DD'd the SS lolll

I got a to let in Cali that was about $900 when all said and done. Its easier to cop a no contest plea, do traffic school, and walk away with a smaller fine. Part of mine was a $300 failure to appear but still without that it was still a $600 ticket.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I got it in Tulare county and I called the clerk she said the judge wouldn't give me a reduction. I wonder if I show up and ask in person if they'll do it

I got mine in Kern County. Most likely they will if you show up and plead out

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Edited by chawkins6789 (see edit history)