Ordered new wheels and tires...3 great, one not so much.

Indymonkey

Ordered 22" repro's last week from a online dealer. THey arrived today, I went to the shipping warehouse in Indy and picked them up.

One wheel had some damage on it that had been covered up with touch up paint. Not the end of the world but poor decision on the business part to ship them out like that.

sepu3yra.jpg

crappy. I try getting some of your $$$ money back, not accept them and make them pay shipping for those to go back and get a new set then they will probably drop off a decent amount of $$$ good luck. but wheres there full pictures of the truck????

:worthless:

crappy. I try getting some of your $$$ money back, not accept them and make them pay shipping for those to go back and get a new set then they will probably drop off a decent amount of $$$ good luck. but wheres there full pictures of the truck????

:worthless:

I have a beltech lowering kit that will be here tomorrow. Ill post pics when I get all that stuff done.

The reply from the vendor after I sent him the pic, "I can see what you are referring to. That does not appear to be mounting damage, but it looks more like shipping damage or curb damage. You noticed this before driving on them or after?"

Why dont you send that wheel back??

Because it wasnt worth that much effort, I feel much better already just complaining on the interwebz. :cool: I sent the vendor a short email and a pic as more of a heads up of the quality that they were sending out. I didnt ask for money back or a free tshirt. I will never order from them again, one or more of their employees has a lack of integrity problem.

Now if it was on the vette it would be different.

a6895827-a89a-4693.jpg

I have a beltech lowering kit that will be here tomorrow. Ill post pics when I get all that stuff done.

The reply from the vendor after I sent him the pic, "I can see what you are referring to. That does not appear to be mounting damage, but it looks more like shipping damage or curb damage. You noticed this before driving on them or after?"

I can't see a shipper taking the effort to paint over damage, even if they caused it, and then repack the wheels before delivery.

This response sounds to me more like the merchant is trying to evade blame instead of keeping a customer happy.

I would probably put the merchants name out there so that other folks could avoid dealing with them.

Beautiful Corvette, by the way. :thumbsup:

Because it wasnt worth that much effort, I feel much better already just complaining on the interwebz. :cool: I sent the vendor a short email and a pic as more of a heads up of the quality that they were sending out. I didnt ask for money back or a free tshirt. I will never order from them again, one or more of their employees has a lack of integrity problem.

Now if it was on the vette it would be different.

a6895827-a89a-4693.jpg

:drool:

Yeah. Itd drive me nuts to buy a brand new set od rims and have one arrive damaged. Have them send out a new on and send yours back. Im sure theyll do atleast that much for you.

Are those base vette brakes? They dont look like the GS/Z06 package brakes.

Yeah. Itd drive me nuts to buy a brand new set od rims and have one arrive damaged. Have them send out a new on and send yours back. Im sure theyll do atleast that much for you.

Are those base vette brakes? They dont look like the GS/Z06 package brakes.

Its the z-51 package that includes the drilled rotors. I took the calipers off and had a local guy powder coat them red for me. Ill be doing the same on the SS when I get to that point.