Optima or AC Delco Pro

f1ss

So my question to the members is what would you choose for your next power source, an Optima (the non deep cycle battery) or the AC Delco Pro series 5-7 year rated battery?

I am stock, no stereo only a security system.

Also the truck has sat for a long time. Are their any pre-cautions I need to take to make sure the security system does not go haywhire on me with the new battery? I am not smart electronically nor mechanically.

Please chime in with your experience with the AC Delco Pro series or Optima battery and would you buy it again?

Also the truck has sat for a long time.

Please chime in with your experience with the AC Delco Pro series or Optima battery and would you buy it again? from what i've read on this web site others have gotten good life out of there stock AC Delco batterys when they were stored by using a battery tender charger. Almost all of my driving is in town (stop and go) my stock AC Delcos(2) only lasted approx. 2 1/2 years. I swiched over to the Optima Red Top after that I,m on my second Optima right now. I'm getting over 5 1/2 years out of them and very happy with them.When it comes time again I'll buy another Optima.

Thank you guys, my stock battery lasted from the factory (June 2003) until 2010 so I have nothing bad to say about AC Delco. I do have a trickle charger, but I usually just pull the truck out of the garage and let her warm up completely and roll it back in so the juices get flowing 3-6 times a week during winter.

Please keep the feedback coming, thank you in advance :chevy:

Optima red top, my truck hasn't been driven since before Christmas, I try to start and run it every week or so. Even after sitting in consistant subzero temperatures, along with the biggest blizzard here in 30 years, and zero miles in 2 months, it still starts every time.....

I had a ac-delco battery in my Cadillac from 2006 -2013 but when it came time to replace I got the optima redtop you can't go wrong it's sealed even though the ac-delco last a while if over worked the fluid inside can get low then you could over heat a cell to get to the point it could last a while but compromise performance so it's your choice a battery gos bad in my ride I get a red top it's the terminator of battery's

Optima moved their production to Mexico a couple years ago and they have not been to hot since then. I have an optima that just got traded out for an xs power. The difference is huge in comparison when my system is on full blast. Holds my voltage so much better. I have nothing bad to say about the optimas I've owned except for they are now made in Mexico for a lot lower production cost. Usually quality lowers also.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

This is my first prototype of my all electric engine cover.

I'm making one now to cover the 6.0 and the turbos.

battery%20car%2029homemade_5.jpg

:crackup: When can I buy one? Or is their a waiting list?

Synyster_SS, TampaVMax, SS Blu 24- I have heard the same thing, quality has gone down but they are still a great battery. I remember a time about 2-4 years ago when it seemed a lot of people were having trouble with Optima's which has me leaning toward the AC Delco as I really like to it keep it GMPP or OEM.

Fireman, JC03SS, 1SkSS, Aldofashow- Thank you guys for the input, it seems the red top is the one I will choose if I go Optima. And Fireman, it seems we both have similar driving seasons (no winter driving) and similar weather due to region, so your input is very appreciated. I may have to seriously flip a coin on this.

KevinH- I am looking at houses in Bradenton and Lakeland Ranch. If I move down I will throw a big get together. I will have to PM you some address' I am looking at.

Synyster_SS- Due you happen to have any part numbers? I believe their was a 5 year and 7 year rated battery? If you have both let me know please, I may add PPI speakers and amp but no subs, so a little extra juice could always help.

I have the Duralast Professional. It's behind the counter, you have to ask for it. I like it. Haven't had any problems with it. I have a couple Duralast red top batteries in my other vehicles. Those work great. I have an Optima D27M for my boat and when I had "sound" in my vehicle for competition. Previous vehicles had Interstate batteries in them. Awesome battery also.