Hate to say it, but will never buy new from GM again

kcsilveradoss

Sounds like dealing with Dodge on our minivan. Bought new - brakes were gone by 12k. I yelled at the wife for "beating on it" and did a brake job with "hi performance aftermarket parts". The new pads and rotors were gone by 26k.

TSB came out, I complained to the dealership and since I replaced the worn brakes myself, there was nothing they could do so I paid for a brake job at the dealership. The replacement brakes (done by the dealership) were gone by 40k. I figure I am in the clear to have them replaced at thier cost only to find out I was out of the warrenty mileage and was told to FO.

My suggestion - bitch and moan to anyone that is available and do it early and often. There is a customer satisfaction department GM has that should be notified as well...as many times as possible.

Sounds like dealing with Dodge on our minivan. Bought new - brakes were gone by 12k. I yelled at the wife for "beating on it" and did a brake job with "hi performance aftermarket parts". The new pads and rotors were gone by 26k.

TSB came out, I complained to the dealership and since I replaced the worn brakes myself, there was nothing they could do so I paid for a brake job at the dealership. The replacement brakes (done by the dealership) were gone by 40k. I figure I am in the clear to have them replaced at thier cost only to find out I was out of the warrenty mileage and was told to FO.

My suggestion - bitch and moan to anyone that is available and do it early and often. There is a customer satisfaction department GM has that should be notified as well...as many times as possible.

Ouch bro thats the shit that scares me.

I have always been a GM guy too but these stories are the one that make you wonder if it is better to go Jap.

Hell the Toyota pulled the space shuttle I'm sure it pull a travel trailer.

I hope the fix for you bro.

thats a good one LOL but I'm sure that truck needed pads first time he tryed to stop saying Houston I think we have a problem

My Silverado Ss shit the front rotors at around 10k miles. The dealership would only turn them, and no more. Even thought they are junk straight from the factory.

Needless to say, i went to aftermarket Baer Brakes ...

True customer service and product quality are becoming things of a time gone by ...

I say you lose your mind and bitch TO, and AT, anyone that'll listen. In todays society, the one that complains, whines and bitches the most seems to get what they want. After that, quit ****ing around with all of these other vehicles and dump that money into Big Pink so you can rape the streets of Kansas City on a semi-regular basis. Isn't it about time for that Shaun ?

Ouch bro thats the shit that scares me.

I have always been a GM guy too but these stories are the one that make you wonder if it is better to go Jap.

Hell the Toyota pulled the space shuttle I'm sure it pull a travel trailer.

I hope the fix for you bro.

Clever marketing at its finest. I have the roller set up from my construction company. Once set, I move houses with my pinky.

This is the response I got for "Help"

I had a chance to take a look at your case. I would have to agree with the resolution provided by your agent as typically brake are considered to be a maintenance item. I will go ahead and add your comments to the case for our records. Feel free to let me know if you need anything in the future. Thank you.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service.