Hate to say it, but will never buy new from GM again

kcsilveradoss

Seems that most dealerships are hit or miss nowadays... I've received good service in some locations and then horrible service in others. All of the companies ultimately only care about making a profit, which is unfortunate but it's the drawback to our otherwise efficient economy. I wish you the best of luck in the future though!

This is the response I got for "Help"

I had a chance to take a look at your case. I would have to agree with the resolution provided by your agent as typically brake are considered to be a maintenance item. I will go ahead and add your comments to the case for our records. Feel free to let me know if you need anything in the future. Thank you.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service.

I call this the " you just got the oky doke scenario" meaning okay what ever. Although my GM dealer seems pretty good but were trading the Ss camaro in for a Jeep unlimited wrangler white 4 door. Now I'm down to (2) Chevys (1) jeep (2) fords- so I'm still even. Haha bump for you KC I hope they get there karma!

Sorry to hear this, I hope things take a turn for the bettter and soon.

I am lucky where my family has been going to the GM dealership for over 60 years. You think they would take care of their own who have worked for them (in ways they wouldn't help a normal customer), but I remember one member who use to be on the site and got screwed by Chevy when GM went downhill.

On a different note, I hope your truck is doing well and getting ready to make some great runs! :chevy:

Unfortunately whether you were a dealer for 50+ years or are a current customer, you are just a number to GM.....a number on their bottom line. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad GM is doing better these days but in some ways I'm still bitter. O well, life goes on.

I'll always have a soft spot for Chevys, it's hard not to, they were always the only vehicle I've ever known. I'll take my SSS to the grave and if you asked me what would be in my dream collection, 95% GM.

After we got out of the business, my wife traded the TBSS for a Murano (I know) but we liked it, no complaints. When the new Ford Explorers came out, my wife had to have one! If you asked me 10 years ago if I'd ever own a Ford, I'd probably have told you where to stick it! Anyway, I still have family that owns a GM Dealership, my dad is actually working there now, sales manager. I had Dad start looking for one about a year after they came out. One day he called, I found one!! 2012 Limited 7K miles, top package with every single option, diamond white....exactly what my wife wanted so I bought it for her and traded the Nissan. Long story short, we love the vehicle, man the technology is awesome and we are continually impressed with the vehicle.

One problem....

After we put about 2-3K on the vehicle, we were headed on vacation, I was driving on the hwy and as we approached our exit I noticed the brakes were pulsating like a MF. I couldn't understand what the problem was, few miles on the vehicle, my wife drives like a little old lady, and the previous owners were in their 60s and the hitch cover had never even been off the back?!? At about the same time I started lurking on the explorerforum, so I threw up a post explaining what was going on, asking if this was an issue, TSB's etc. soon thereafter a rep for Ford Customer Care PMd me for more info, I told him the history, I was the second owner, etc. By the time we returned from vacation, he had opened a claim, set me an appointment to diagnose the problem with a Ford dealer close to me, etc. I was blown away! They ended up putting 4 new rotors and pads on the vehicle without a question asked, OH and they performed a free oil change and tire rotation and washed the Explorer! We were GM dealers, and I COULD NOT believe how well they took care of us at the dealership side and the corporate side.

When I hear your story Shaun, it's truly a shame that GM continues to believe that poor customer service is satisfactory. I hope something is done to make it right for you. If nothing else, I shared my story to show that there are still others in the industry willing to go the extra mile. I was so blown away with our Ford experience, I ditched my GMC Canyon DD for a Ford myself. Cheers.

Teddy

Edited by KissMySilvSS (see edit history)