Got a New Trucking job

2006IntimidatorSS

Hey everyone, so since last year when I started trucking, I saw a company called ATS, they do flatbed hauling and heavy haul for wind tower stuff and big heavy items. Anyway so I applied, went through the orientation and right after, they put me in a truck and told me I was hired. I left my last trucking job for this one. This was a company I wanted to get in with since last year and now I'm finally here. I will be making more money supposedly than my last trucking job. Company is Anderson Trucking Services. I am in the flatbed specialized hauling division now. I know this is pretty much nothing important, but I just thought it would be cool to share this with you all.

Edited by 2006 Intimidator SS (see edit history)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice now buy an intimidator already

Yeah, I'm working on that.

I'm glad to be in the Flatbed Industry of trucking now. My other trucking job I felt like I was getting no where. And I tell you, ATS really does treat their drivers nice so far from what I've seen and experienced. This flat bed hauling stuff does make ya work more, but this is what I wanted to do. It is more work and pretty cool actually. I'm so glad to be here with ATS.

You all should look for me out on the road when you're out and about. If you see me, don't be affraid to wave or honk at me to get my attention.

Welcome to the flatbed industry! I suggest you learn your laws and regulations. Dot is strict on us compared to reefer trailers. Stay safe driver.

I've noticed DOT likes to target us flatbed drivers. I'm not too worried about that. I'm more focused on learning all about this flatbed hauling stuff. I'm new to flatbed hauling so I got to read up on the material and get myself educated. Maybe I'll see ya sometime when I get down to Texas again.

I have worked on a lot of ATS' equipment. We are in Palmyra, MO and Quincy,IL. N ot sure if you will ever be in the area but if so stop by and say hey

You know I may just do that. I will be all over the country. Going to be getting my passport soon and ATS is going to send me up into Canada and Alaska when I do get. Since I live so close to Canada, they want to have me do some loads up into Canada and Alaska.

I started driving box long haul in 88. Did it for a few years til i got tired of never being home. Then started driving local tri-state delivering seed corn. 18 years ago got a local job driving a garbage truck. Home every day then. I'm a heavy equipment operator now with the city after 5 years on the garbage truck. I still have my class A cdl in case i ever need it. Good luck on your new job.