Got a New Trucking job

2006IntimidatorSS

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I may just do that. I will be all over the country. Going to be getting my passport soon and ATS is going to send me up into Canada and Alaska when I do get. Since I live so close to Canada, they want to have me do some loads up into Canada and Alaska.

If you ever find out that your coming to Alaska, let me know. I have been driving up here for the last 13 years. I had been doing heavy haul and running push trucks to Prudhoe bay for the first 10 of those years. Now I own my own truck and trailer and I am leased onto a contractor that moves all the drilling lubricants around the state for MI swaco.

Congrats ...

I grew up driving trucks for my uncle, who owned a trucking company. I was only 14 years old, driving on site and running a screening plant in a gravel pit. That was my summer vacation.

So I've kept my CDL A all these years, along with keeping up my HazMat endorsement. (TXP endorsements)

I cant wait till the day that I can retire, and go back to driving trucks.

After working numerous construction details in LE, I've made enough connections to go drive, the day I get out ... :thumbs:

Congrats, I used to work for a truck dealer where we sold mostly pre owned Pete's and kenworths. Big rigs are awesome.

Big rigs are cool because there is soo many cool things you can do to them and stuff. I see cool nice looking big rigs out there on the road sometimes. Alot of money though. Peterbuilts are my favorites for trucks. I like the 386 and 388/389 models for peterbuilts. Someday I'm hoping to get in one

Edited by 2006 Intimidator SS (see edit history)

Congrats ...

I grew up driving trucks for my uncle, who owned a trucking company. I was only 14 years old, driving on site and running a screening plant in a gravel pit. That was my summer vacation.

So I've kept my CDL A all these years, along with keeping up my HazMat endorsement. (TXP endorsements)

I cant wait till the day that I can retire, and go back to driving trucks.

After working numerous construction details in LE, I've made enough connections to go drive, the day I get out ... :thumbs:

Yea that would be really cool. Thing is you should just start driving truck now instead of sitting on it waiting. But it depends on what kind of driving you want to do? Over the road or just local stuff. Me I'm over the road so I get to drive everywhere and sleep in my truck. Heck if my truck had it's own bathroom i'd crap in it too...just a figure of speech

I got my hazmat endorsement and I'm getting my twic card also and a passport. This will probably be interesting job don't you think?

Edited by 2006 Intimidator SS (see edit history)

Congrats man, i also work for a trucking company. not as a driver but as a tech. drive safe and roll them million miles wheels bro.

For sure will...I just try to keep accident free throughout those million miles. Driving is scary at times because of other idiots out on the road who pull dumb crap in there car or whatever they drive. Sometimes I wish I was doing something else, but then I think of why I am doing this and the reasons for it. What trucking company are you doing mechanics work for?

Good job bro

For sure, thank you. I just hope to keep this job and get more experience along the way as I go more and more everyday without going home for a long time Edited by 2006 Intimidator SS (see edit history)

If you ever find out that your coming to Alaska, let me know. I have been driving up here for the last 13 years. I had been doing heavy haul and running push trucks to Prudhoe bay for the first 10 of those years. Now I own my own truck and trailer and I am leased onto a contractor that moves all the drilling lubricants around the state for MI swaco.

You know I will for sure let you know if my company sends me up there. It will be a long time yet though probably before I ever get up there because I'm still learning with this flatbed stuff because I'm new to it and I just started it.

Congrats. It's great news. Be safe out there

Yeah it is great. This is the job I've been wanting since summer of last year. Now I finally got it. So far it's good and I tell ya, this flat bed stuff may seem like it's nothing, but when you get a load on your trailer, things get real serious then. I could not think about anything but the load on my trailer. It was crazy

good job buddy

Thank you, I feel proud to have accomplished landing this driving job which is now my new career. It brings a smile to my face :)

Congrats

Thank you

Way to go, Cody. :thumbsup:

Always good to get the job you were shooting for. :cheers:

For sure is, I am happy to have made a change with my job situation. It's a huge deal for me

Good Luck! (:

Thanks...I think I will need the luck. Reason being because driving is scary sometimes, especially when you have to do it everyday for hours on end