dual exhaust

i just ordered another exhaust tip and plan to make dual exhaust. ill praly put the other on out the other side or go stright back. has anyone done this yet? do you think ill run into any surprises? why didnt chevy do this originally? :flag::chevy::wtf:

i'm planning on doing the same thing. how much was the tip?

i just ordered another exhaust tip and plan to make dual exhaust. ill praly put the other on out the other side or go stright back. has anyone done this yet? do you think ill run into any surprises? why didnt chevy do this originally? :flag:  :chevy:  :wtf:

I got duals on mine they go staight back with chrome tips. If you interested I could take a couple of Pic's for you. Install was pretty straight forward, no surprises. :D

DG

i just ordered another exhaust tip and plan to make dual exhaust. ill praly put the other on out the other side or go stright back. has anyone done this yet? do you think ill run into any surprises? why didnt chevy do this originally? :flag:  :chevy:  :wtf:

I got duals on mine they go staight back with chrome tips. If you interested I could take a couple of Pic's for you. Install was pretty straight forward, no surprises. :D

DG

:cool: Lets see the pictures. Also some conversation about what you had to do to make it happen. Maby some cost is you want. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

the dual exhaust would be one of the first mods I'll do but....what is the hp. differential with the dual exhaust? doesn't the three and one half inch stock pipes supply all the out flow this engine is designed to use?

I think the stock exhaust is pretty good and any improvment is going to come at the cost of more noise. It should be fairly easy to add dual tail pipes, as the muffler has dual pipes coming out that Y into the single tail pipe. It looks like it would help without adding much noise.

Looking from the back to the front:

exhaustypipe.JPG

i'm going to do it for sure, just trying to figure out which mufflers to use. i don't know if i want the same old flowmaster sound, don't like borla, so i dont know. i'm kinda leaning towards spintec. :thumbs::chevy:

i just ordered another exhaust tip and plan to make dual exhaust. ill praly put the other on out the other side or go stright back. has anyone done this yet? do you think ill run into any surprises? why didnt chevy do this originally? :flag::chevy::wtf:

i have been meaning to post on this for about a month, but anyway, i was going to buy another tip to put out the drivers side but the tip has a little slash cut on it and if you try to put it on the drivers side the slash would be the oppisite way. you are probably aware of this but for the people that arn't just trying to let you know. the escalade or the denali has a pretty good looking tip that i don't think has a slash cut in it if you want to put a factory style tip, or you can just go aftermarket. :seeya::chevy:

Archived