Hydroboost mounting plate

In one of the previous hydroboost posts Chase had found a miunting plate for the hydroboost setup if you have staggered mounting bolts does anyone know how that mounts or has done it?, I read all the links reguarding this but came up empty, I know you can drill the firewall or mounting plate but I like things to look/stay factory looking.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

itll still look stock with the hole im installing the hydroboost starting tomorrow and i plan on drill this xtra hole http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/general-discussion/performance/383761-hydroboost-conversion-how-pics.html

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

ubetamyv.jpgqesymapa.jpg

itll still look stock with the hole im installing the hydroboost starting tomorrow and i plan on drill this xtra hole http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/general-discussion/performance/383761-hydroboost-conversion-how-pics.html

Yeah if the weather is good I am going to try to do mine this weekend.BTW I just wasnt sure if the plate was a spacer or not.

Are you goung to use the stock ss master or switch to the hydroboost unit?

Well anyway it appears one of my studs is off so we will see what I decide on doung this weekend.

Edited by kissfans03ss (see edit history)

In one of the previous hydroboost posts Chase had found a miunting plate for the hydroboost setup if you have staggered mounting bolts does anyone know how that mounts or has done it?, I read all the links reguarding this but came up empty, I know you can drill the firewall or mounting plate but I like things to look/stay factory looking.

Yeah, Chase said that he found that plate on Ebay. It was an old post, and I figured the odds were against it, but I tried to find one on ebay anyway. No luck.

If you find one tell us where. :cheers:

See thats my original question that is the adapter Chase told me about but how does it work? The adapter bolts on the plate are perfectly centered probably like the ss firewall and my booster has the one odd stud on it so how does the plate mount up?,I cant even call the plate seller for info.

Thanks for the link. Guess my search skills aren't as good as I thought.

See thats my original question that is the adapter Chase told me about but how does it work? The adapter bolts on the plate are perfectly centered probably like the ss firewall and my booster has the one odd stud on it so how does the plate mount up?,I cant even call the plate seller for info.

I've still got questions about it, too. Not sure if I should just buy one and figure that it will all become clear when I tear it apart.

Sounds like it might be problematic to get the mounting nut properly torqued, too. (A ground down socket, to fit, could break pretty easily).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Astro-Van-Hydroboost-Mounting-Plate-Bracket-/300797723373?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4608f102ed&vxp=mtr

Thanks for the link. Guess my search skills aren't as good as I thought.

I've still got questions about it, too. Not sure if I should just buy one and figure that it will all become clear when I tear it apart.

Sounds like it might be problematic to get the mounting nut properly torqued, too. (A ground down socket, to fit, could break pretty easily).

I dont think you necessarily need to torque the nuts just make sure they are really tight and maybe use some loctite.

Money aside what is the most ideal parts from what vehicle and year with the best end result I see vans 2500 pickups are they the same or are they different i think the pump itself is the same but i thought I heard one is oval and one is round just trying to clear things up before buying parts to do the swap

Money aside what is the most ideal parts from what vehicle and year with the best end result I see vans 2500 pickups are they the same or are they different i think the pump itself is the same but i thought I heard one is oval and one is round just trying to clear things up before buying parts to do the swap

any HD trucks till 06 i belive

So 2500 hd from 2006 would be the best and easiest swap just drill that one hole mount and swap pumps and hook up hoses get rid of air in brake system and power steering system and swap brake pedal let me know how it works Alex it's sounds like a good upgrade

So 2500 hd from 2006 would be the best and easiest swap just drill that one hole mount and swap pumps and hook up hoses get rid of air in brake system and power steering system and swap brake pedal let me know how it works Alex it's sounds like a good upgrade

right on the money....as far as my setup got today basicly got it all in beside the new power steering pump. But I also did the oil cooler lines while I had all that stuff outa there they had been seeping for awhile but as they all do but ya anyway all I got do do tomorrow is install the p/s pump and bleed the system well.

Also for sealing the mounting point I use the rubber boot that comes of the back of the old vacuum booster and rubber sealant and works just fine. I can see where that eBay could come in handy but not needed

But I do have just one ???. Shawnss said that you have to jump 2 wires on the connector that you unplug for the assist pump off the old booster my Q is what are the 2 colors(there's , dark blue, 2 black with gray stripe side by side, and black) if I'm looking at the right spot. I'm still waiting on reply which I'm sure he will but seeing if anyone else knows of this. ??

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

Look through the hydroboost topics there was a guy that provided a link on how he bypassed his.

I found a link and a guy jumped his black and dark blue wires.

Edited by kissfans03ss (see edit history)