AMSOIL help

patrick4317

I was looking at the website thinking about switching to AMSOIL but was wondering what the difference in the three kinds were, and if one was far superior to the others

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/motor-oil/gasoline/?filters=77

any help is always appreciated

The Dominator oil is great stuff if you plan on running it in something that sees consistent high revs, high temperatures and shock-loading. I'd personally stick with the Signature Series in anything other than a race app though.

I just did a quick search and there is an installer in Fairbanks. Northern Power Sports on 1980 Van Horn Rd. I couldn't find any T-1 Certified Dealers in the area. I'd say give them a call and see how much they want for it there, then (if you want), check with me and see if I can get it to you cheaper. Good luck!

Edited by levilz (see edit history)

Yup. Anyone who has an AMSOIL account can order any AMSOIL product. Honestly, up there, I'm surprised there isn't a lot of activity with AMSOIL because of things like powersports and marinas and that type of thing

Yeah. I think there definitely should be more AMSOIL dealers here. Oil viscosity is a big deal at -50 degrees, and having good synthetics would help a lot with cold starts. Ive only got 600 miles on the new motor, so im still running Joe Gibbs products. But once i am able to run synthetics, im gonna go to the Signature series. Ill probably go order up some oil this week from Northern Power so i can do the diffs as well. Does AMSOIL make an ATF?

The Dominator oil is great stuff if you plan on running it in something that sees consistent high revs, high temperatures and shock-loading. I'd personally stick with the Signature Series in anything other than a race app though.

I have always used M1 but can get some amsoil for just as much and heard great things about it. Just for the sake of argument would it just be a waste of money to use dominater race oil in a DD or would it have adverse affects on it? My truck for instance is not a DD and maybe gets 500-1000miles on it a year. It has a radix, a cam, and head work. and many more things in my signature below. It is a summer weekend warrior and track baby when i get the chance so I can careless about emissions and gas milage. When i drive it I have fun and let her have it so that's why I was thinking the race oil for the higher stress from use and mods I am putting on the engine when it does drive. :peelout: Thoughts?

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

Nah, the Dominator wouldn't hurt it at all. Really, if all you do with yours is bring it out when it's nice and run it hard, it may not be a bad idea to try it out in yours. The main reason I'd suggest the Signature Series in vehicles that are driven normal, as much or more than they are in racing conditions, is because its formulation is more specific for all-around conditions. It will give the best mix of power/economy, etc. while still providing the best possible protection. In comparison, the Dominator is more formulated for just the more harsh driving conditions. It's more geared toward the power and high temp protection, making it less "slippery" in normal driving and cooler conditions, which wouldn't provide the other benefits, like increased fuel mileage that you would get with the Signature Series. Either of them would be fine to use though. Maybe try out the Signature Series for a while, then try out the Dominator, and see which suits you better.

Yeah. I think there definitely should be more AMSOIL dealers here. Oil viscosity is a big deal at -50 degrees, and having good synthetics would help a lot with cold starts. Ive only got 600 miles on the new motor, so im still running Joe Gibbs products. But once i am able to run synthetics, im gonna go to the Signature series. Ill probably go order up some oil this week from Northern Power so i can do the diffs as well. Does AMSOIL make an ATF?

They make it all. I have the ATF. Shoot I have there brake fluid in mine as well. Go on the site and check em out. I am just a preferred customer not a dealer but get pretty good prices.

Edited by JC03SS (see edit history)