Anyone turn thier SSS into a truck?

JustinS

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. i was also told I would lose Hwy mpg with a stall

sir i highly recommend you DO NOT go back there LOL :lol:

if its a locking TC like they all are (ok except maybe a 1982 monte carlo with a turbo 300 in it :jester: ) on these trucks, and it locks at any speed above roughly 50 mph (depends on tune) in 3rd and 4th gear stock... and any other aftermarket locking converter also locks at those same speeds... how can one locked transmission get worse highway MPG than the other??? its LOCKED, meaning the TC is doing NOTHING except locking the engine to the input shaft of the trans... so whether its a 4000 stall or stock 2200 stall... locked is locked :banghead:

city? oh hell yes you will suffer MPG big time for big stall speeds... but thats when the TC is actually doing its job multiplying TQ. so yes MPG city? absolutely you will loose efficiency worse with higher stalls. highway, or any constant speed driving above say 45-50 mph? NO its identical. unless of course they were planning on selling you a TH300 non-locking 80s torque converter :lol:

sir i highly recommend you DO NOT go back there LOL :lol:

if its a locking TC like they all are (ok except maybe a 1982 monte carlo with a turbo 300 in it :jester: ) on these trucks, and it locks at any speed above roughly 50 mph (depends on tune) in 3rd and 4th gear stock... and any other aftermarket locking converter also locks at those same speeds... how can one locked transmission get worse highway MPG than the other??? its LOCKED, meaning the TC is doing NOTHING except locking the engine to the input shaft of the trans... so whether its a 4000 stall or stock 2200 stall... locked is locked :banghead:

city? oh hell yes you will suffer MPG big time for big stall speeds... but thats when the TC is actually doing its job multiplying TQ. so yes MPG city? absolutely you will loose efficiency worse with higher stalls. highway, or any constant speed driving above say 45-50 mph? NO its identical. unless of course they were planning on selling you a TH300 non-locking 80s torque converter :lol:

He may have said city. It was a few months ago and I have take a lot of medications since then. Why don't you set up shop in Cali so I can hand over fist fulls of cash to make my truck fast

He may have said city. It was a few months ago and I have take a lot of medications since then. Why don't you set up shop in Cali so I can hand over fist fulls of cash to make my truck fast

X2!! I will move to cali! Been considering it for some time. That would make my decision final. Haha. Hey chris, how do you like cali?

Man... I think i might be joining you guys down there soon. Lots of the parts guys that work here are from Cali. They say its amazing. The varieties of food, and things to do is incredible. And the roads and vehicles are top notch. Im ready to get outta alaska soon. Just trying to get my certs so i can transfer dealerships to cali. Cuz thats my ticket outta here. They pay for the move, shipping for my tool box, sign on bonus. You name it! Only, my $31.50 up here will probably be $22.50 down there, since cost of living is cheaper.

well then youd really like to look out my shop window right now, seeing as my SS is hooked up to a 32 ft. enclosed trailer with an 04 Cobra in it right now :D and yeah i didnt really notice anything behind me with 650 WHP and bags :lol: i honestly prefer towing with it then when i had an LMM Dmax, and it even ran 12s just no "lag" with a roots blower so towing is great.

You HAVE to take a pic. for me. Haha thats frickin awesome!