most weight you put in truck

poopnewton

you got a stock suspension setup?

if so yes it will do it fine. ive had over 3000 lbs in 1500 trucks many times. if your on OEM suspension, it will just sit on the overload leaf so dont worry about hitting the frame... and obviously power is no issue lol

you got a stock suspension setup?

if so yes it will do it fine. ive had over 3000 lbs in 1500 trucks many times. if your on OEM suspension, it will just sit on the overload leaf so dont worry about hitting the frame... and obviously power is no issue lol

as far as I know my suspension is stock

as far as I know my suspension is stock

then you should be fine, i just wouldnt do it too often... it will be hard on your truck yes, but thats what it was made to do. you have the big 9.5" rear end on your truck since its a Vmax, and the axles/wheel bearings are huge on that- about the same as 2500HD. tires will be close to weight capacity but not over, and they rate them under what they can handle just to be safe. just be careful driving as the front end will have far less balance to it then usual with all that weight. truck wont stop too well bc front wheels will slide pretty easily like that if you lock up brakes

Just to make sure my suspension is stock. How many leaves should I have on the rear end? I only have 3 and the rear end is probably only a inch or so from the bump stop. Does that sound right? I've had over a yard of topsoil in my bed and it handled that no problem. I think the pavers would be a bit heavier though.

• 2 weeks later...

i almost killed my first ss... 4500 pounds in bed and 9,000 pounds on the 1500 pound solid deck flat car trailer, ended up having to replace driveshaft hit the frame when i was driving

huh I would not even attempt that I like my truck no need to piss her off