Tattoo Question

cwest94

I just had a question as I know a lot here have them. I just got my very first one the other day and love it except some orange flames and was curious to know if anyone knows if I went back to my artist, if he could easily cover the orange with black and gray or a really dark red. Everything is black except some bright orange flames and I love everything about the artwork except the color orange. I don't know if this can even be done and I'm also scared of the artist feeling insulted.

Anyone have or known someone who's had similar color problems and how that got worked out?

He will have no prob covering the orange but I would let it heal up first. I wouldn't go right back. Post up some pics.

hey man u should be polishing up those rims... and now u need to change ur sig dude! lol.

Thanks a lot for the advise. So from what everyone is saying, it is possible to change the colors up some. I've just never been a red and orange flame kind of person and it's just not growing on me. So it's best to wait 2 weeks for healing before color shading and not now while its still fresh?

I'll post a picture later today when I get home after work.

Thanks for all the help/advise.

Thanks a lot for the advise. So from what everyone is saying, it is possible to change the colors up some. I've just never been a red and orange flame kind of person and it's just not growing on me. So it's best to wait 2 weeks for healing before color shading and not now while its still fresh?

I'll post a picture later today when I get home after work.

Thanks for all the help/advise.

Honestly u should be asking ur tattoo artist what he recommends... But I would think it would be smart to wait till it's completely healed up.

Honestly u should be asking ur tattoo artist what he recommends... But I would think it would be smart to wait till it's completely healed up.

I agree and I will. The shop is closed for the weekend and will not be opening back up till Tues afternoon, so I just wanted to get some opinions first before going in and seeing him. Plus this gives me a few days.

My problem is that I'm a very quiet/shy person, so it's going to be hard for me to go in and ask. I'm just really scared that I'll be insulting him in some way for wanting to change something on his work and that couldn't be further from the truth.

It's not an insult he will want you to be happy. Yes go in and tell him straight up and he will tell ya when to come back. You have it for life unless u do like me and get it lasered off. Gl

My girl gets tattooed all the time and I go with her. All the artists she has had work by have never seemed I silted when she asks for alterations on the work to make it what she wanted. Most artist want to make it what you wanted

Its not the best picture in the world but its better then nothing.

Thanks for all the advice, I'm going to stop over at the shop Tues after work and talk with the artist and see what he can do. I alraedy have things all figured out on what I want to chage and how.

post-4308-0-61826000-1364171177_thumb.jpg

I believe if you approach him and say simply say you didn't expect the orange colors did not come out the way you thought, and would like to make "his artistic work" look better on you. These tattoos are the artist's billboards/advertisements and proof they do a good job. I imagine you will have to pay for the re-work though. Nothing wrong with being honest with the guy.

I hope everything works out for the best CWest94!