LS7 ..new motor pics inside

Joe Roknic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes sir I'm sure the numbers would be lower on a all wheel drive dyno. Engine dyno was done by the builder at there facility, and the truck was dynoyed by the tuner on a mustang dyno, different place...

Edited by SS Muscle Truck (see edit history)

I've been told around 27% loss on awd. On joes truck it's nice to have to numbers to figure out the actual loss pulling the shaft on a mustang dyno but keep in mind the tunes where not the same and I'm not sure what mode the the dyno was in. Could have been in sim mode or the short pull mode which I forget the actual name, but sim mode will show a higher number. I always tune in the short pull mode and then go for a number in sim mode.

There is an awd dyno by our houses....be cool to dyno both trucks and see the percent of loss from rear wheel to awd

What would be really cool is to see a larger header and better exhaust on this monster....lots of power on the table yet

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

ls7002.jpg

ls7003.jpgls7003.jpg

ls7004.jpg

ls7005.jpg

That is just :pimp: . I am glad to see you back on the site, I remember last time I saw your posts I was jealous of your older engine setup. I am almost at a lost of words :chevy:

now just add some boost!

Haha yeah man!

I love the suede headliner btw. Frickin sweet. I wanted to do a dark grey suede on mine. I thought if i did the dash in dark grey with blue stiching, itd look pretty sweet. But then id have to do the doors and so on... Maybe ill just stick with what i got.

now just add some boost!

Ive been doing a little research on that.. i was on Z06 fourm lots of guys with the ls7 motor on there.... alot of talk about that block being bored out to far for boost... they were saying thats why GM went back to the 6.2 iron block platform for the supercharged ls9 motor thats in the mighty ZR1.. I don't know how much truth there is in that statement .... but I think a lsx block would be the way to go for a supercharged 427