Bad bad day....

So after all my mods and whipple charger install and 3000 bucks later on a fully rebuilt beefed up Trans the darn thing goes out last night. Everything was fine wasn't into it hard at all I come to a stop sign and when I gave it some gas I noticed a slight slip so I was like what the heck. I then look at the temp gauge and noticed it was hotter then normal. I pull over and naturally check the fluid level and notice some discoloring and really tiny metal or metallic like shavings on the dip stick. So I drive it home real slow and feels like I lost 1st and 2nd and def overdrive. WTH!!!

Only 3 weeks with a whipple and gone lol. I know I know I know 80e conversion right lol.

Back to the Trans guy today!

Bummer I have been in your shows far to many times. I hate smoking transmissions. One reason I don't drive mine all the much. Knowing its a ticking time bomb. Ha good luck with what you do. I say go 80 but others say hands down a built 60-65.

I feel ya I've been waiting for tax season for my new tranny for a year it's been ordered but FLT was 4weeks behind when I ordered it so I got a little waiting still but I'm payed in full I didn't trust any of the local shops all they wanna to do is put a 500 dollar rebuild in and charge 2000 I wanted a bullit proof 4l65 so I went with the best one and ya done.

Thanks guys. My uncle built it and does great work and he put all the good stuff in it and all kids of stuff. I don't know what happened I don't know what to think at this point lol. I'm dropping it off today after work and will let you guys know what happened...

Yeah! Hopefully the trans will be covered! i know how it feels. i think we all do. You have big plans to spend you're money on go fast parts, then you end up blowing it on unexpected repairs. Frickin sucks!

Yes it does big time. Paper work says 1 year warranty so I would think it should be free? It's only been in the truck 4 months and super charged for 3 weeks lol. Darn thing

should be covered let us know what you find that failed

Sounds like a simple parts failure. What parts did he use in the build. With the wide variety of parts available once you find what broke I would upgrade that specific part. You really aren't at a high enough power level to need the 80E. You just need to make the 65E work for you.

Sounds like a simple parts failure. What parts did he use in the build. With the wide variety of parts available once you find what broke I would upgrade that specific part. You really aren't at a high enough power level to need the 80E. You just need to make the 65E work for you.

That's what I was thinking. Parts used was, the rebuild kit with the extra clutches, 2800 FTI stall,wide second band, super servo 2nd and 4th, filter, transgo shift kit, acc pistons, billet input shafts, input support, forward pistons, reverse input drum, super smart shell, royal purple fluid..

Any ideas on parts to upgrade? Ill mention it to him.

Thanks zippy

That sucks... Sounds like it was built with good parts.. Alot of times its the reaction shell or clutches frying or input shafts. But I am no expert on trans. Just like Zippy said its probably simple parts failure. It is a machine and machines are unforgiving and even the most perfectly built trans can have a hidden flaw in a new part and break.... Not always the trans builder but sometimes the part.

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)