Storage box = Sub box anyone accomplish this???

I did change my storage to a sub box. I have a single box expanding under the whole seat with 2-10" subs facing down at the carpet. The box is also ported with PVC pipes of 1-1/2" for each sub to have crisp sound.

Any pics of the fifnished project? Does it sound alright?

post-24844-136495306202_thumb.jpg this is the finished product of the box still needs to be carpeted but I'm not to worry about it fits right under my seat with no problems.

Tuning is going to be insanely high with such small ports.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

I thought tuning would have to be high but no my buddy who built the box tuned the amp just a tad bit more from what I had it tuned before and they sound great crisp clean deep bass.

I thought tuning would have to be high but no my buddy who built the box tuned the amp just a tad bit more from what I had it tuned before and they sound great crisp clean deep bass.

Box tuning is an art that goes into it when said box is designed. I like to use Torres box calculator then google sketchup for the cad drawing. When using aeros (pipes) most subs like something in between a 4"-8" one per sub. Then the longer you make said aero the lower the tuning frequency of the box gets. Or in a ported situation the bigger the slot and longer walls of the port the lower the tuning gets (preferably 14-16 sq in per cubic foot of box). This frequency where the tuning is, is usually where the box peaks and sounds the best depending on the car/truck its in. It can differ and be pretty musical throughout the spectrum but it still has a peak frequency.

Your setup probably hits double kicks and higher notes very nicely. Anything in the lower portion of Hz (my favorite), leaves much to be desired more than likely.

Just shedding a little light. No hard feelings or anything. :P

Box tuning is an art that goes into it when said box is designed. I like to use Torres box calculator then google sketchup for the cad drawing. When using aeros (pipes) most subs like something in between a 4"-8" one per sub. Then the longer you make said aero the lower the tuning frequency of the box gets. Or in a ported situation the bigger the slot and longer walls of the port the lower the tuning gets (preferably 14-16 sq in per cubic foot of box). This frequency where the tuning is, is usually where the box peaks and sounds the best depending on the car/truck its in. It can differ and be pretty musical throughout the spectrum but it still has a peak frequency.

Your setup probably hits double kicks and higher notes very nicely. Anything in the lower portion of Hz (my favorite), leaves much to be desired more than likely.

Just shedding a little light. No hard feelings or anything. :P

No hard feelings taken. I haven't really gotten into the art of tuning and what not buy I definitely would love to start. But the subs sound great I have no issues they hit amazingly and each to e is crisp and clear.

No hard feelings taken. I haven't really gotten into the art of tuning and what not buy I definitely would love to start. But the subs sound great I have no issues they hit amazingly and each to e is crisp and clear.

Glad your happy with it. How long do your pipes extend? Can always make those holes bigger one day to try it out! Lol

Glad your happy with it. How long do your pipes extend? Can always make those holes bigger one day to try it out! Lol

The pipes I wanna say are about 12" from the 90degree piece that it is visible. So 13" I wanna say. But on the inside the pipe is about 3/4" away from the magnet.

I can go up to 2 inches possibly but that's cutting it close due to the trans hump and how the box is built.

• 2 weeks later...