Great White Shark Cage Diving

f1ss

I posted a thread when I first joined, but as time moves we all know we have new members. I am serious about doing this as I am an adrenaline junky in certain aspects (not with vehicles or else I would have modded my truck, but more so with life in general like handling venomous snakes and swimming with Great White Sharks etc)

So I was looking into Cali and doing a Shark cage cruise, or Africa. Does anyone here have this similar interest? Or has anyone done this before? I know they have Mako Shark cage diving in Rhode Island but if they come across a great white I do not think their cages are safe enough to handle a "White Fin" as this video link will show how intense these dives can get (makos are half the size of a full grown Great White). I want to dive with Jaws, not his little brother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYI1I_b4lMo

So, if anyone has done this before or knows someone who has, please post some info. I have been wanting to do this ever since Shark Week started on Discovery over 25 years ago.

I've been a certified diver since I was old enough to get my open water cert. Cage diving with Great Whites is at the top 5 of my bucket list.

Yes sir, it is number 1 on my bucket list. I want to open a White Shark cage diving business off Cape Cod but the locals would kill me. My freind caught video last summer of "white fin" going along side his 21 foot boat, and the white shark was longer. The thing is locals do not realize I would not have to chumm as the outragoues number of seals in Chatham Harbor bring in Jaws and the family.

Thank you very kindly sir, if you had a choice of Africa (the breachers), Cali (the lurkers), or Australia (the behemoths) which spot would you choose to go cage diving?

I think I would choose Australia, just because you could do so much more while there on vacation and dive with White Sharks. There have been a number of White Sharks on the Georgia coast in recent years, a friend of my moms works for the EMA in Savannah and they said there had been sightings of a 20 footer around Tybee Island for about a month.

^^^Once again, thank you sir. I would have never thought a Great White was off the coast of GA, but the ones tagged in Chatham Harbor Cape Cod, MA have shown up on the Atlantic Coast of FL within recent weeks causing closures of certain beaches.

So, let's go find Megaladon! What do you say (even though we'd be bait in the ocean)!?!?!