Progressive insurance

AdamVRed03

So I have had Progressive insurance now for 6 years and my rates have gone up across the board about $20 a month for the last 2 years I'm paying $81.63 a month for 500 deductible and full coverage with a 9 over ticket on my record. It just came to my attention from every one I have talked to at Progressive that I can no longer receive any more discounts until I combine policies with a home owners or multi car. or the snapshot! So my deal with the snap shot is does any one know what I can do to keep it active with taking a alligator clip to the power jumped off obd2 and having it read on/active and them when I am just going to work be plugged in but the only way its creates records are when you drive according to them. You receive no discounts when you brake 7 mph more than in a second and "fast" acceleration and the drive times are between 2am and 4am. Can anybody help shed light on ways around this besides "drive nice". My only other thought would be to just unplug it when i spirit drive but then I don't have enough time logged to create a log. They state need "x" amount of time to do this.

From what they say I can get up to 30 percent in 6months and 10 percent in as soon as a month but to keep a percent locked in over time is to have it in for 6 months. And then send it back. But"any bad recordings can't be used against you"....right.....

Well I do just drive to work and back 4 miles a day don't drive in off hours. But I can't be the only person to not think I can't just jump power to it to false read "on" and or to pull it out when I spirited drive on weekends.

Screw them man! just get state farm they have been great to me no questions asked on either of my comp claims just wrote the place a check and we where good.

why did you let a speeding ticket get to them? 50 bucks and its reduced to a loud exhaust lol

Screw that ... All it does is record your bad driving habits, and gives Progressive fodder to up your rates later on. Especally if you have an accident and are found at fault, by what ever means.

Just go get a real insurance company.

I've heard of horror stories from people who have GEICO and Progressive.

These come into our PD to get their own accident reports. They pay the fee, and bring them back to their Insurance Company. I ask them, why are they picking up the Officer's Report? Their insurance company should send a letter and the $5.00 fee to request it. They tell me that is what their insurance company (Geico/Prog.) told them that they needed to do. I tell them that I would ask their insurance company "Why do I pay you all that money every year, if I have to do all your leg work." Truly Sad ... I've had Farm Family Ins.Co. since I was 16 and driving. Always been a really fair Insurance Company ...

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

Screw them man! just get state farm they have been great to me no questions asked on either of my comp claims just wrote the place a check and we where good.

why did you let a speeding ticket get to them? 50 bucks and its reduced to a loud exhaust lol

I had a 19 over. In my work van........oh well at least I got it dropped down to half... My personal agent (not a progressive one) said all the other places he can get rates from can't even touch what my premium is. So now I guess I just sit it out for now

Screw that ... All it does is record your bad driving habits, and gives Progressive fodder to up your rates later on. Especally if you have an accident and are found at fault, by what ever means.

Just go get a real insurance company.

I've heard of horror stories from people who have GEICO and Progressive.

These come into our PD to get their own accident reports. They pay the fee, and bring them back to their Insurance Company. I ask them, why are they picking up the Officer's Report? Their insurance company should send a letter and the $5.00 fee to request it. They tell me that is what their insurance company (Geico/Prog.) told them that they needed to do. I tell them that I would ask their insurance company "Why do I pay you all that money every year, if I have to do all your leg work." Truly Sad ... I've had Farm Family Ins.Co. since I was 16 and driving. Always been a really fair Insurance Company ...

I have Progressive because nobody else down here in Florida has been able to touch the rate I have with them (and I still pay a lot IMHO). I am 27, no tickets/crashes and minimal mileage since I have a take home car... still $1,200/yr! I'm sure some people pay a lot more but I still think it is expensive. Once I buy a house I will look at other companies where I can combine auto and home.

You made me laugh about the report thing. I write traffic crashes for a living, on the Traffic Unit, that's all I do now. I tell people all the time, you write that check out every month to them, make them work for you. Just last week I was on-scene working a wreck and a lady came up to me and asked for the at fault driver's insurance information. I explained I was working on the report now and it will be on the information I give her when I was done. She was on the phone with her insurance company reporting the crash and once she told them she was rear-ended (not at fault) they told her to call the at fault driver's insurance company, deal with them directly and there was no reason to even contact her insurance company. Yeah, no. If I pay you every month for auto insurance and I am in a wreck (my fault or not) you are working to get the issue resolved and my truck fixed. That is what I pay for, that is what you do. Down here everything is electronic, all done online and the insurance companies will STILL try to get their customers to pick up, pay for and deliver the crash report.