Cam swap

Hey guys just wondering of anyone can give me a ballpark figure of what it would cost for a new cam installed with the supporting mods I would need. I'd love to do it myself but no place to work on the truck and not enough know how.

If you pay someone like I did its gonna be costly. I paid out the ass. I wanted to do it myself but didn't have the tools or place. I have so much in mine I don't wanna say lol. I could have bought a good used supercharger and still had money.

at lease 5k+

this is alldata book time on it keep in mind this is JUST LABOR 27.4hrs=2,466.00

2003 Chevy Truck Silverado SS AWD V8-6.0L VIN N

Vehicle » Engine, Cooling and Exhaust » Engine » Camshaft » Parts Information

Parts Information OEM Part # Price

Camshaft

14 - Camshaft

12561721 $474.53

Labor Information Skill Level Mfg. Warranty Standard

Camshaft

Replace

NOTE

With Three Piece Engine Cover, Add

With Auto Trans, Add

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

Wow where have you guys been going slowhawk performance in ma charges 1800.00 for cam pushrods valve seals&high rev valve springs c5r timing chain&gears oil pump and ports the throttle body and a tune parts & labor.

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)

Wow where have you guys been going slowhawk performance in ma charges 1800.00 for cam pushrods valve seals&high rev valve springs c5r timing chain&gears oil pump and ports the throttle body and a tune parts & labor.

god damn where do you live im on my way for that price!!!... i copyed alldata times and our door shop rate 90$/hr like alldata says its a 27.4hr JOB!!!.... @ the price you said thats 65$/hr and i dont see how you can even get parts included for that... do you work for em or have a buddy there?? or is that the price for any joe smoe off the street??

Paid right at twice that.

He only works on LS motors that's it he said drop off my truck and it would be done in a week probably a little here a there hes a cool guy he's not out to bend you over and he uses parts he's found to be the best and if it makes me feel good when I told chuck at FLT transmission he was doing the work he said damn you got the best guy in your area doing the motor work and a tranny from him ill be ripping told to tell him he said hi he's at New England dragway with his own cars all the time if its got an LS motor and its in mass and its a beast with huge horsepower chances are slowhawk performance did the motor work

Slowhawks website says call for pricing, I don't see how he is doing all that work for that price with labor and tuning included. Materials alone will cost $1000-1500. Not to mention, a majority of the time, you will need to upgrade your fuel injectors with these LQ9s, and that isn't mentioned on his page. He can't be making a profit if that's really his price....

You can call for pricing if you want but a year ago that was the price if I was lieing i wouldn't tell you to check his web site his name is don he has these engines down I think corvettes and camaros and firebirds if I remember correctly were 2200 for the same work probably cause no room in the engine bay he uses certain parts he's gotta be getting good prices on the parts he could probably do it with his eyes closed now after I looked at the site your right the oil pump and throttle body upgrade is more but nothing crazy when we talked last he said he wanted to do all of this but said he wouldn't do the work until I got a torque converter lucky me I get a tranny to 1/4 mile time should be descent

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)