Cam swap

That's just what the book calls for

ya and thats all any tech would expect to get paid for. in a shop setting, the OP is asking from my understanding a worst case $$$ on cam install since he dosent have the tools or that inclined to do so. ik in my area we dont have any performance shops in our area. and a actual shop is my only option because i dont have the tools to do it myself so id be expecting to pay book time in this senerio

ya and thats all any tech would expect to get paid for. in a shop setting, the OP is asking from my understanding a worst case $$$ on cam install since he dosent have the tools or that inclined to do so. ik in my area we dont have any performance shops in our area. and a actual shop is my only option because i dont have the tools to do it myself so id be expecting to pay book time in this senerio

Yeap same here. The stealer did mine 3700$ for everything and I supplied everything but injectors. Overnited from fiveomotorsports was about 600$ so I have about 5k into a 1500$ Do it yourself job.

I'm with the op as well. How much is an average mild cam? And is there anything else at all that should be upgraded once cammed?

sent from your HTC Rezound

everything: LTs exhaust,tranny servos, shift kit, rods, springs,injectors,tune,intake.... just to start Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

I'm with the op as well. How much is an average mild cam? And is there anything else at all that should be upgraded once cammed?

sent from your HTC Rezoundeverything: LTs exhaust,tranny servos, shift kit, rods, springs,injectors,tune,intake.... just to start

Only things necessary (and this depends on cam size) is springs pushrods and a retune. Bigger cams require more stuff like injectors and stalls. Shift kit, and servo aren't necessary but they help with tranny life and exhaust is certainly beneficial but not required.

Honestly I did a cam swap in my truck for less than 1k. Brand new cam, lunati springs and retainers, push rods, and gaskets. Total was around 880.00 bucks. Put it in myself. No way in hell I would pay more than 1800 for all of that installed.