Guns don't kill people

gmJake

Today I swung my front door open and placed my Remington 870 shotgun on the front porch. I gave it 6 shells, and noticing that it had no legs, I decided to place it in a wheelchair to help it get around.

Then I left it alone and went about my business. While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the boy across the street plowed my snow, a girl walked her dog down the street, And quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign in front of my house.

After about 2 hours, I checked on the gun. And it was still sitting there in the wheelchair, right where I left it. It had not killed anyone even in spite of the many opportunities that had been presented to it, and strangely enough, it had not even loaded itself.

Well you can imagine how surprised I was with all the media hype about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people.

So either the media is wrong, and it is the misuse of guns by people or I'm in possession of the laziest Gun in the world.

So now I'm off to check on my forks & spoons, because I hear they make people fat.

• 3 weeks later...

I completely agree with the OP. :cheers:

Having said that, and coming from "communist Canada," not all regulations are terrible to have in place. I'm not sure why anyone needs an assault rifle aside from waging a war, but that's just my opinion. I grew up on the farm and we had all kinds of rifles, never needed an assault rifle (of course the gun registry has been contested in Canada since introduced 10 years ago and has been a complete waste of taxpayer's dollars-to which I agree). I can see that justification for pure sport or enjoyment, we have shooting ranges all over here in Canada where you can shoot almost anything you want.

Then again, I'm generally opposed to all regulations since no matter how well intended, they restrict freedoms. I'm even against public health care. Here in Canada, our healthcare is garbage, qualified doctors are few and far between, wait times are killing people, and 95% of people are killing themselves with the food they eat every day. Which brings another point about regulations as brought up earlier. Food kills people!! Yes it does, and I just wish the food agencies that are supposed to protect the public would BAN all the garbage that is on sale in gas stations and grocery stores. I feel it's even more their responsibility in Canada since we all pay taxes (brutally high I might add) that covers healthcare for everyone (I would rather pay insurance on my own personal health care anyday).

Speaking of responsibility...isn't that the real issue here?? Hold people accountable for their actions, hold them accountable for how they raise their children, how they store their weapons, even for the food or garbage they eat everyday. What happened in North America where no one is held accountable for anything anymore?? It scares me honestly.... /rant. Sorry guys! These types of things always get me going!

Edited by NW-99SS (see edit history)