Am i in the wrong ?

cmoney23

A member on here said he wanted my tonneau cover. prolly over a week ago. Said he had to set up paypal to pay me. Well he got busy i guess and i dont hear anything, so i get someone from craiglist come offer me cash for it so i take the cash and sell it. Well i tell the member today i sold it and so he calls me and kinda upset because he wanted it. But ive always made deals first one to give me cash gets it... So should i feel bad? Did i sell it out from under him? Not sure how i feel about it. I needed the money cause at the time i had 3 tonneau covers and a iss wing and paying to get the wing painted. So i had so much cash wrapped up i needed to sell this thing and get some cash flow coming back. So am i in the wrong?

If he didnt communicate with you I dont think your in the wrong. Not that he's in the wrong either just circumstantial stuff. stuff like this happens all the time especially when you have your parts on several different places. I always tell people if someone else brings cash first its theirs, nothing wrong with that.

No your not wrong bro, just like when I did business with you I kept in contact so you knew I wanted it and it all went great( thank u again by the way), so he should have let you know something or it should be expected that you will sell it if someone shows you the cash, that's why it's forsale anyway you need the cash!

No your not wrong bro, just like when I did business with you I kept in contact so you knew I wanted it and it all went great( thank u again by the way), so he should have let you know something and maybe then you would hold it or it should be expected that you will sell it if someone shows you the cash, that's why it's forsale anyway you need the cash!

Thanks guys. I mean we did talk on the phone. I understand people get busy but it only takes a second to set up paypal. Part of me feels like i sold it out from under him, and part of me feels like its whoever puts cash in my hand or in my paypal first gets it. I didnt wanna miss out on a sale because i had to wait on someone else. I needed it gone asap... Well i just hope the member isnt to mad at me. I dont wanna get a bad reputation on the site...

It took me two minutes to set up PayPal. I was trying to buy a bumper here i was the first to say I'd take it had the money and everything would've paid the shipping needed it bad said he would get a price on shipping then sold it locally and I wasn't really mad just would've been nice to get now I gotta piece together and have painted all new oem stuff even with shipping through the roof I would've saved a few hundred but when its done it'll be brand new. Cmoney he can buy one and have it painted it wasn't a unicorn cover you can't buy anymore I think he'll be ok

I am in a similar boat... I had one guy said he would buy my bumper but said he was in no hurry as I was in no hurry due to the snow we keep getting and I needed to take it off my truck still... Then I got this other guy saying he needs it real bad and wants it immediately... So I thought well I will give this other guy a courtousy PM saying if he still wants it I will hold it for him for a $20 non-refundable paypal transfer and I would ship it when he was ready for it... I gave him 3 days and no answer so I told the guy that needs it imediatley he can have it and I will pull the bumper off this Friday or Saturday... But in the end it is who sends money first as neither one has paid to hold it....

Your not in the wrong chad. First come first serve. You sent me money to get your tonneau cover right away. I called the guy and was in contact with him right away as well. Told him what was going on and he held it. Sometimes a simple reminder your not forgotten is suffice. You didn't hear for a week too bad so sad.

Paul

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2