Am i in the wrong ?

cmoney23

No IMO your not in the wrong. its first guy with cash in hand that gets it. what if you held it for him and then he backed out. then you missed out on a sell. unless he put money down then its still for sale. unless you guys ha made an agreement to hold it until he got the funds together. I'm the guy that will hold things for other guys if they don't quite have the fund's together. but I have also been burned that way. but I will give a guy a chance first but if you burn me once I'm done with them

I say cash talks and BS walk's. if there was no deposit then its free game to sale IMO

Heck once I found this GSXR 1000 on CL for sale. went to look at it and took $6500.00 cash with me the guy was asking 7k for it. I liked it and made the guy a offer for $6500.00 and he said he would sell it for that. but I had to wait 4 days because he had been talking to another guy that wanted to look at it in a few days and he told that guy he would let him have first dibs. well 4 day later he called me and said the guy came and looked at it and low balled him really bad. I wanted to tell him well sense you made me wait I'll now offer you 6K but Im not that big of an ass. But I should have offered him less. I asked him isn't it first come first serve when a guy has cash in hand. kind of pissed me off but I still bought it.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

You gave the guy a week+ ... He had ample time ... Money Talks, Bull-Sh*t walks ...

Thanks guys. I mean we did talk on the phone. I understand people get busy but it only takes a second to set up paypal. Part of me feels like i sold it out from under him, and part of me feels like its whoever puts cash in my hand or in my paypal first gets it. I didnt wanna miss out on a sale because i had to wait on someone else. I needed it gone asap... Well i just hope the member isnt to mad at me. I dont wanna get a bad reputation on the site...

You wouldn't believe the crap I do from my MDT while I'm out and about ... Takes less then a second ...

I always keep the first person of interest as the first buyer. First dibs wins it, I do not care if you have money now or in a month. I know everyone says money talks bullshit walks, but i stick to my word.

I would not blame you at all though if communication broke down. I have people interested in parts on my truck but I have made it clear that I am in no hurry to sell, and I also will abide by their ability to pay.

A good example is brass model trains that I collect and makes our truck mods look like $2 parts (obviously like a cai, cat back, anything under 2 grand, even some f/i systems are cheaper than these trains). If i do not have enough money to purchase the models all the time at once. I state what is going on and make sure I stay in contact. I even pay more than the asking price as I know holding a valuable item can be a pain. But money talks, so I pay more than the next person voluntarily just to get that certain model train.

Cash talks, it sucks for him but he has to understand that if he didn't have the funds and someone else did.... Such is life :(

oh well in THAT case i guess now would be a good time to tell you that....

i sold your blower. tuff luck some guy gave me cash. oh well youll find another one :jester::lol:

First with cash IMO should get it UNLESS you gave him your word that you were going to hold it for him and in that case your word should stand over all, a man is only as good as his word. Problem with people these days is there word means $hit and people put money over their word.

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

oh well in THAT case i guess now would be a good time to tell you that....

i sold your blower. tuff luck some guy gave me cash. oh well youll find another one :jester::lol:

Well I guess that explains why you won't talk to me anymore! And I thought we had something special! :tear:

First with cash IMO should get it UNLESS you gave him your word that you were going to hold it for him and in that case your word should stand over all, a man is only as good as his word. Problem with people these days is there word means $hit and people put money over their word.

So true. Very few people now go buy what they say. It's really hard to trust people these days. I have come across a few on this site that do what they say and you can trust them.