Projectors question and opinions please

As much as I am against the ebay cheap projectors. I really want a light that directs output better than our stock ones (@ a decent price) with HIDs. Since last looking at ebay projectors quite some time ago they seem to have gotten slightly better looking.

Was thinking of going with these or something like it http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-03-06-SILVERADO-AVALANCHE-HALO-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-BUMPER-SIGNAL-LIGHTS-/360639716417?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53f7cd5c41&vxp=mtr

I have read some bad reviews and good reviews. Most of the bad reviews were from years ago. Im in hopes that manufaturing has changed a little.

Please give me your opinion on these lights, projectors in general, or any other input you may have.

Thanks!

I have never had projectors with HIDs in them. I did have projectors with the standard silver start bulb in it and they were the worst. I would never own a set. the light out put was really bad. way worse than the factory light.

My buddy just bought a set of projects with HID's. he bought the projector and HID as a package deal off of Ebay. he is not happy with them at all. the light out put with the hids are even worse than with a stock bulb. I'll try to post a picture. he is now taking them back out and selling them and going back to the factory housing with a hid bulb.

thats just what I know of them and would never own them again.

I have Denali heads, in which the low is a projector with a 9005 bulb. I have 55w 6000k hid's and I love the output. The only people that get blinded are people who slam their tuner down to the asphalt. Great spread over OEM and projects done the road a good amount

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

I have been thinking about doing a retrofit kit, that is something you can look into. It requires custom work and, but i think it may be worth it. Basically you create your own projector headlights.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=227

Yeh I was tryin to stay away from that route. Wanted something quick and easy. I guess ill just be keeping my stockers unless anyone else wants to chime in.

I appreciate it guys. Other than light output, do the lights I linked look ok or are they just to ricer?

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

I actually had these for about a year. They did ok, but the projector would float down, and be pointing straight at the ground. Also, they have a big "ball" on them. Its much bigger than the way the picture shows. I hated it. It looked like it had bug eyes. The only difference is my lights did not have reflectors, but had LED lights on the corners. Here is a pic. I did like the fact is had that pure black, and I didnt have to worry about head light covers all the time. Ups and downs I guess.

demolded3.jpg

demolded5.jpg

Edited by jddmj (see edit history)

That looks like the ones I was looking at. They don't have a warranty past 30 days either. I guess its a hit or miss. From my understanding the cheaper eBay projectors use a plastic lens and that why they don't shone the light so well. While the factory grade projectors use the glass lens. Maybe this is wrong. Just reading around. Still think I might want to try them for myself. Not totally convinced either way.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

They look horrible, Plz don't get them. I have never once seen a good looking projector light on nbs trucks besides denali lights, which I had in my Sierra with 35k 6ks, and loved it. I was gonna retro those projectors but got the ss instead.

Cleared stock lights are the best looking by far on all nbs chevys

sent from your HTC Rezound