Rear seat fold down mod questions.

SilverBulletSS

Hey guys got a quick question. I am going to attempt the rear seat fold down mod tomorrow. I had the backseat out today but ran out of time. I dont have the y cable in the center I keep reading about. There is a bolt in the center of the floor under the seat but theres nothing that bolts down there. I have two bolts that hold down the passengers side and three on the drivers side, 2 in the bracket and one all the way in the back near the wall that a strap bolts onto. Was anything different in the 06 and newer trucks? I want to install my system and would like to get this done tomorrow. I will try and get pics tomorrow. Thanks in advance guys!

Edited by SilverBulletSS (see edit history)

You should be fine, I would also cut the baby seat brackets toward the bottom of the back of the seat. If you don't, when you fold the seat down, you could scratch your amps or whatever else you have back there. Just a thought. Good luck and post pics when your done!

Pics will be posted as soon as im finished. Also I noticed the rubber extensions for the vents have come unglued and colapsed. Can I just cut those out? Baby seat brackets, I didnt even pay attention to those. I know there are a couple silver brackets I noticed, would those be the ones? I was under the impression those are there to swivel the seat bottom up and down.

Edited by SilverBulletSS (see edit history)

You should be fine, I would also cut the baby seat brackets toward the bottom of the back of the seat. If you don't, when you fold the seat down, you could scratch your amps or whatever else you have back there. Just a thought. Good luck and post pics when your done!

Strongly advise this also. Gouged my amp that way.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

They look like chrome u brackets. Bout 1/3 and 2/3 into the seat from the ends.

I would NOT take the vents out. It gets crazy loud without them there. You aren't supposed to cover them totally either, they are there for venting if the airbags go off. I covered mine with mdf and sound deadening but that's your choice.

Thanks for the replies guys. If you guys possibly have pics id appreciate it so im not cutting the wrong stuff. Dont know why I get nervous tinkering with the truck. Probably cuz shes a rare item. Now if I didnt see the y cable in the center of the seat, is it possible the owner before me removed it? I couldnt find it for the life of me.

They look like chrome u brackets. Bout 1/3 and 2/3 into the seat from the ends.

I would NOT take the vents out. It gets crazy loud without them there. You aren't supposed to cover them totally either, they are there for venting if the airbags go off. I covered mine with mdf and sound deadening but that's your choice.

I dont want to take the actual vents out. But I have these rubber extentions that were glued to the back wall. Im just curious if I cant cut them down some since theve come unglued and collapsed.

You have 2'sss

No just one lol.

Tampa, im going to add a pic of my backseat when I get it out. It seems my backseat is different from yours. The two silver swivel brackets you have on either end on your seat, mine has 4.

Ahh gotcha. Those are prob the baby seat brackets. Can't tell on mine cause I chopped them. We will take a swing at it when you post a pic though. :P

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Alright guys now that I got it out and somewhere I can work on it I see what u guys were talking about. Im also wondering, are these the cables that need to be removed to allow the seat to fold down?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

post-20451-136665262003_thumb.jpg

post-20451-136665266751_thumb.jpg

post-20451-136665267987_thumb.jpg