Rear seat fold down mod questions.

SilverBulletSS

Yes that is the proper amount to cut and the 2 hinges in the middle are in fact for baby seats. The cables I think are for safety precaution if the seat bolts break in an accident. I never bolted mine back up when I did the fold down mod so I couldn't tell you if its possible to leave them.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)

Be ready for the noise when u cut those vents. I took mine off and jeez it's loud in my cab now. I also plan on putting sound deadener over them... Guess I hope to have my windows down when I get decked one day.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

The cable on the drivers side goes to its own bolt. The passengers side one it attached to the leg of the seat. I really do believe they have to come out. Thanks for all the help Tampa!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Everything looks good. I would either NOT cut them vents, or deaden over them. Taking them out makes it super loud on the highway. Shoot, take em out temporarily and Go for a ride... You'll see. I had to take mine out from between the bed and the cab and make some crazy covers to stop the noise after I built my back wall

I just left them the way they were. I figured it wouldnt hurt to trim them down a few inches on each side since they arent even glued in place anymore. Seat mod is utterly amazing! So glad I did it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

• 5 months later...

This mod works well. However it needs to be said that the Y cable does serve a purpose. If you noticed the cable attaches to the floor then it runs to two anchors. Those are there so you can securely install a child safety seat ( car seat ). If you need to use a car seat the mod gets a little tricky / you're going to need a welder.

Edited by madza teck (see edit history)