ANGRY AS HELL ON A VETTE

dpoole5074

So you beat his Mustang and he sells it, buys a Vette (C5, C6??) and you want to beat his Vette on spray which ways 1/2 what your truck weighs??

I would say, if you're going to play his game, save the 15K (way low end IMO), to do a 408 TT or S/C with supporting mods (Trans, diffs, suspension), and find a C5Z already modded with well over 600hp and kill him with that. Unless you really don't like Vettes?? At least the car will have resale value. The mods into the truck are nearly worthless when it's time to sell the truck.

LOL...OKAY LITTLE MORE CALMED DOWN THIS MORNING HA HA I WAS PRETTY WORKED UP AFTER PICKING UP MY BOTTLE THERE YESTERDAY....I KNOW THAT THE 408 IS NOT GONNA BE CHEAP BUT THINKING THAT THE ENGINE WITH S/C WOULD BE ENOUGH KNOWING HIS IS ONLY STOCK WITH NITROUS... AND YES TO EVERYONE THAT CHIMED IN IT IS A PISSING CONTEST...LOL...BUT JUST NEED TO BEAT THAT ASS ONE TIME AND THEN I AM DONE WITH HIM...YEAH!!!

:pimp: Just sit back, take a few deep breaths... Dont get so worked up. Like said before, there'll always be someone else out there faster than you. Just be happy with what you have. You have an SS, he has a vette. Both are awesome vehicles. I know what you're feeling though. Ive been there. One of the parts guys at my work thinks he knows EVERYTHING about GM Performance. All he has is Wikipedia knowledge. Hes a parts guy. Never worked on his own vehicles. I will say he does have a good amount of money and can afford to buy nice vehicles. But its funny how when he buys a vehicle already built, or pays someone to build it for him, he acts like he busted his ass to install all the mods himself. When i was building my new 370 with my own two hands, he was like "I remember when i built my motor for my Syclone... Blah blah blah. It would have smoked your truck. Blah blah blah. Why did you get this part instead of that part? That part would have been the better choice. I had all the best parts for my Syclone." Haha then why did you blow it up... twice.. He gave the machine shop his block and a parts list, and THEY built it. He didnt even install the motor or turbo mods himself and he acts like hes been there and knows everything. Haha i told him how could i take advice about building a motor from someone who has never done it themself? He got all bent out of shape. He's such a douche. Talked mad shit about how his C5 Z06 with a borla exhaust would kill my SS. He surfed the internet for stock 1/4mi times and said his vette would run an 11.5 with a full exhaust and tune. And i said "Yes. Im sure it would. With a professional driver behind the wheel and if everything went right". Here's the thing. Ive built myself a decent set up, and i know its pretty quick. But im modest about it. Im not being a blubbering idiot picking fights with people saying my truck would smoke their car etc. I just sit back quietly and let my truck do the talking. If he wants to tell the whole dealership his vette would smoke my truck, fine. Lets prove it. So we went out to the strip of high way right outside the sales office so all of management could see and lined up at the first light. When it went green, we both punched it and off we went. Needless to say, i was 4 truck lengths ahead before he shifted to 2nd (and 2nd gear was all wheel hop. He got sideways before he shifted to 3rd). I let off at about 115 and slowed down to turn at the next light and make my way back to work. He was all sorts of pissed off. Saying he would have won "if" (insert rambling excuses here)... I told him nice race and yes, you're car could have won under the right conditions (right tires, a good driver behind the wheel, etc). Not 2weeks went by and he traded his black Z06 for a new Denali, Hahaha. And STILL he talks shit about how his Denali is gonna take my truck. I just quit talking to him because i have nothing left to prove. Not worth my time.

Haha okay. Story time is over. But i see where you are coming from. You want that satisfaction of making him put his foot in his mouth. I would say if a bigger cube motor and bigger blower are what you REALLY want, go for it! Id be anxious to see what you come up with. I set a goal of reaching low 12s and built a set up that i believe could get me there. For the money i spent, i could have gone WAY bigger, but im very happy with my truck the way it is. I didnt need 1000hp under the hood. My truck was still a daily driver (Now its turning into more of a toy and i may go bigger in the future) If all you want is to beat this guy, dont go dropping 15K into your truck for the wrong reasons. You can beat him with the setup you have. Just pulley down, get a good tune, make sure your fuel system is up to par, ask around and talk to some of the SS gurus on this site and see what they recommend. But i know that stock block will hold up to A LOT of abuse. You could throw lots of boost and lots of spray at it if done correctly. This will for sure beat the vette and be a lot cheaper.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Don't sweat it brother, Just crack back at him, You had to go buy a Vette just to beat me !!! You already won !!!

Haha yeah. Hypothetical sistuation here... "You drive a built camaro, he drives a stock vette. You beat him in a race and he gets butt hurt and buys a McLaren F1. Haha do you dump 25k into your camaro to beat his F1? Or just say whatever.. I dont care. I beat you the first time and you answered with a car half my weight and twice my HP. Not worth my time"...

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

LOL...VERY GOOD POINTS FELLA'S I DID THINK OF IT THAT WAY ABOUT HIM HAVING TO GET RID OF HIS STANG CAUSE MY 3 TON TRUCK WHOOPED HIS GT....DO YOU GUYS THINK THAT MY TRUCK CAN HANDLE A SMALLER PULLEY, WHEN I INSTALLED THE PULLEY WAS A 3 3/4 AND WHIPPLE SAID NOT TO RUN ANDYTHING SMALLER THAN THE 3.5 AND STAY AROUND 5-6 PSI...WOULD LOVE TO GO SMALLER AND BEAT HIM WITH THIS SET UP THAT WOULD JUST AND INSULT TO INJURY IN MY MIND...HAHAHAHAH

If you want to stoop down to this guys level, go buy a crotch rocket and blow that vettes doors off. Im guessing that is about half the weight of a vette right? Or right around their, add some nitrous to it, end of story. He may have to get a go kart next!

Mid12sSS I agree 100% it feels so much better to say I did it myself or I built it myself rather than my guy did it.

Thats pride and you cant buy that but you can earn it through your blood sweat and tears .Let that chump talk his crap all he wants because theres always gonna be someone like him in life.

Remember pride and satisfaction in doing the job yourself and being your own man.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

You are an idiot if you blow that kind of money just to win a race

Point blank

It is not just to win this race...there are other reasons, which would take hours to get into..the main part might be to beat his little cocky ass, but it is not like I am going to sell the truck when I am done, I have many more plans for the truck cause it is my baby and gonna make it the best I can.

WHAT IS ALL YOU GUYS IDEAS OR EXPERIENCE WITH THE STS REAR MOUNT TURBO??? WILL IT MAKE MORE POWER THAN MY WHIPPLE OR WOULD A SMALLER PULLEY AND 100 SHOT OF SPRAY BE BETTER...NOT SO MUCH FOR ONE RACE BUT FOR LONGEVITY??...DUMB QUESTION BUT IS IS POSSIBLE TO RUN BOTH??? THANKS IN ADVANCE YOU GUYS ARE AWSOME....!!

Hes a parts guy. Never worked on his own vehicles.

Lol. I had it out with "this short, large ego'd parts guy. After he told me my turbo setup sucked and I didn't know what I was doing(lol which I don't). I just simply ignored him. He got even madder. Then he started in about his mustang. Sheesh. Mustang owners.