Got my SS leveled out !!

So playing with the torsion settings not only adjust ride heighth, but it alters suspesnsion behavior as well right? Isnt there repercussions from backing them out too far? Lets say i had a 2/4 drop and wanted a 3/4. Isnt it safer to swap out LCAs or torsion keys or something else? Rather than gaining that extra inch drop by backing off your torsion bolts?

Truck does look damn good btw. I cant wait to catch up on some things that have been piling up so i can give my truck more attention.

adjusting em in any way will cause your alignment to change...if you went from a 2/4-3/4 by only backing out keys you have serious alignment issues along with clucking over bumps cause your bars have no pressure on em....always better to get LCA to get and use you keys to make small adjustments up and down there not ment to adjust inches in suspension

adjusting em in any way will cause your alignment to change...if you went from a 2/4-3/4 by only backing out keys you have serious alignment issues along with clucking over bumps cause your bars have no pressure on em....always better to get LCA to get and use you keys to make small adjustments up and down there not ment to adjust inches in suspension

Thats what i was thinking. Backing off your torsion bars will make for a wavy ride as well as throw out your alignment. Ive just heard of lots of people throwing around the words "torsion bolts" like it something to be constantly playing with for ride height. You can do a 3/4 drop without ever touching them. But yes. I agree. Minor adjustments are okay, just be sure to get your alignment checked when you're done. I just wasnted to clear that up. i wasnt sure how much Cmoney/other members had backed them off. After reading Cmoney's post (below) i was kinda worried. He had backed his off so much to acheive a 4/4 with his 3/4 drop.

I have 3" LCA's up front then i can go another inch if wanted if i were to back them all the way out. When my drop was first installed i had em backed out and i was down prolly a bit over 4".

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Thats what i was thinking. Backing off your torsion bars will make for a wavy ride as well as throw out your alignment. Ive just heard of lots of people throwing around the words "torsion bolts" like it something to be constantly playing with for ride height. You can do a 3/4 drop without ever touching them. But yes. I agree. Minor adjustments are okay, just be sure to get your alignment checked when you're done. I just wasnted to clear that up. i wasnt sure how much Cmoney/other members had backed them off. After reading Cmoney's post (below) i was kinda worried. He had backed his off so much to acheive a 4/4 with his 3/4 drop.

yup exactly...ya it's not something I'd play with weekly your tires will be chopped/feathered in no time without setting toe right after... Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

If you put 3" LCA's on your truck you will lose almost all your tension on your keys. So you'll loose alot of play with your bolts. This is because with lca's they index your tarsion bars different than the stock lca's which lower the front hence taking tension of your keys. Atleast thats how my truck worked... But the lca's ride so good along with the Belltech Street perf. Shocks..

Edited by cmoney23 (see edit history)

But the lca's ride so good along with the Belltech Street perf. Shocks..

I bet! I have a brand new set sitting here next to my DJM hangers. Im going to do it all once my trans is done... im so tired of waiting on parts... My Torque converter and flex plate are haunting me.. Sitting on my work bench next to my 60# injectors... SO MUCH TO DO!!! :cry:

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

I get anal when parts are sitting around!! I cant take it. But i do still have my SS Flood lights sitting on the tool bench.. LOL.. Cant figure out what to do with them yet.

I get anal when parts are sitting around!! I cant take it. But i do still have my SS Flood lights sitting on the tool bench.. LOL.. Cant figure out what to do with them yet.

one in rear bumper or be the first to get one on the underhood mat!

If you put 3" LCA's on your truck you will lose almost all your tension on your keys. So you'll loose alot of play with your bolts. This is because with lca's they index your tarsion bars different than the stock lca's which lower the front hence taking tension of your keys. Atleast thats how my truck worked... But the lca's ride so good along with the Belltech Street perf. Shocks..

So how did you level yours out then?

Before i had a half inch of rake. So i had the djm shackle bolts put up to the 2nd notch which lowered it prolly .40 of an ich to be presise. Djm lies to you saying their shckles are 1" adjustable. Cause there not. I didnt even get 1/2 an inch difference between their so called adjustable 1" holes. Lol. Unless its gonna settle after driving it a bit..

oh so you lowered the back to get it level? I thought you leveled out the front. I need to adjust the front to get mine level as I have a bit of a reverse rake going on right now lol. When I had my kit installed the shop told me there was only about a 1/2" difference between the holes.

Edited by asullivan (see edit history)

When I had my kit installed the shop told me there was only about a 1/2" difference between the holes.

Yeah on alot of these SS trucks including mine the djm 3/4 drop kit will give you a reverse rake. Mine did also, But my rear leaf springs are worn out a bit from previous owner towing alot. So with my rear 4" drop actually gave me about a 5" drop.. LOL. I had to raise it up by putting the hanger on the top notch becaue i did not wanna lower the front anymore than what it was because of allignment and cv axle issues. I drive my truck alot, Thats when i 1st lowered it. Now since i lowered the rear back down by leaving the hanger in the same setting and just changing the setting on the shackle, which i think put me right at a 4" drop because my rear leafs being worn out a bit makes it sit lower...

Every truck differents man. Its taken me alot of trial and error just to get it to sit exactly how i want it...